I'm an idiot, and my Glock is awesome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Firestar .40 works pretty well with 9mm, does a beautiful job of fire forming the cases though they do look a little strange. Pls. don't ask how I know this.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats not as bad as sitting loading mags at the table to go shoot and my kid trying to tell me something and I'm telling him to shut it up til I'm done. Then finding out that I did what you did and he had been trying to tell me all along that I was loading 9mm in the .40 mags. I had been loading his 9mm mags and had moved to loading the .40 mags and got em mixed up. Oooops. And in front of the kid. Youre not supposed to let them see you make a mistake especially if youre on their ass all the time to do stuff right. I hadnt had my 2nd cup of coffee yet,thats the ticket I tell ya...

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you got your boy trained right! I feel your pain I'm pretty worthless before the first cup is done. You know I bet there are a bunch of funny stories out there. I might head over to the general forums and post a new thread for everyone to post their best moments.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that would suck if it shoots low to draw on someone meaning/trying to shoot them in the chest and hitting him in the :nutkick: but that would be a "one shot stop" i bet:laugh6:

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did the same thing with .40 ammo in my .45 except I never fired it. The rounds fell out of the barrel.

....er.......I mean, what a dumb ass thing to do ;)

BC

I have come real close to doing the same thing. Now I double check every time I take the ammo out of the range bag and I only have one box out at a time, except maybe some .22's.

upnover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that sucks, you got lucky, i usuaslly shoot 2 calibers when i go shoot, i try to keep the gun with its ammo, magazines etc. not foolproof but i need all of the help that i can get.

akabickle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm ashamed to say that while shooting the other day, I grabbed my gear and a few boxes of shells and ran out to some private property to shoot. I hadn't pulled the trigger for a few months and I hurriedly loaded up a mag into my G22. The property owner was new to shooting so I handed him my weapon to give a whirl.

The first shot went off, but was way way low. Then it jammed, which blew my mind because I had never had a misfire with my Glock. I had him rack the slide and the next round went low again and then misfire. My other buddy who swears by XD's was giggling the whole time. I picked up some of the ejected shells and they had firing pin marks?

Turned out that I'm an idiot and I loaded my wife's monarch 9mm instead of my monarch .40 into my .40 pistol. :loser:

Knock on wood, I've never had an Negligent Discharge or done anything else stupid with my weapon, but I've got both eyes open now!

OK confessions over, I'm back to an internet shooting master who shoots 1 moa at 1000 yards with a pistol. Off handed :thumb:

i love it.. thanks for the humor

Latest posts

Top Bottom