I'm gay...and black. ~ NBA center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know this is the Bible Belt and all, but surely your god wouldn't pass it up in the process. From what I've read, there is no differentiating levels of sin. There is sin, and not sin. No in between

Sin is sin. There is a difference though between living a life of sin despite what God says and commiting sin and then humbling yourself before God and repenting.

If being gay is not a sin then gay people will not humble themselves before God over it. IF it is and they see nothing wrong with it they go against the will of GOd. to each his own, but its a very interesting theological debate.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't care for people who manufacture the opinions of other people, solely for the purpose of railing against the perceived injustice of those fabricated opinions.

You didn't inquire as to the opinions of others and then use objectivity to analyze those opinions.

And isn't this exactly what you're doing to me?
lol

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gotta love this thread, mouth was full o tobacco juice but I couldn't leave this thread long enuff to git to the spit bottle. It was ruff, boys. Fresh dip, too!

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sin is a manmade construct of religious leadership imposing their dictates on the sheep of their flock under the guise of "God said..."

There is only good and evil. Good is doing kind things to others with no thought of gain. Evil is stealing people's life, liberty and property (something government excels at doing).

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the "who cares?" camp. I just plain do not give a damn.

However, if you wish to know why the conservative movement is losing ground, the reaction in this thread is a good example.

Just as you do not wish the Left to dictate your gun rights, the Gays (and many others) don't want you to dictate their personal lives. (Please no puns on my choice of the word "dictate").

Times change. They do. Times change. And before anyone gives me the line about "The Word of God does not change"...let me call BS. The Bible says, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." We used to burn witches at the stake. Now there is a large pagan movement. If you tried to burn a witch in the name of Jesus, you'd be arrested for attempted murder.

The conservative movement is either going to evolve or go the way of the Whigs. That doesn't mean we have to sell out our morals and values, but we do have to really embrace what the Founders gave us....a system that pretty much allows us to pursue our own unique visions of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone realizes, now the NFL will have to have gay life partners on the same team come out to top this, MLB with have to have gay life partners with kids, Hockey....well I guess they are SOL.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sin is a manmade construct of religious leadership imposing their dictates on the sheep of their flock under the guise of "God said..."

There is only good and evil. Good is doing kind things to others with no thought of gain. Evil is stealing people's life, liberty and property (something government excels at doing).

Certainly good and evil exist, but is that really all there is? If there is only good and evil, how do you explain the story of Joseph in Genesis? His jealous brothers sold him into slavery and told their father that a wild animal had killed him. Much later when they were reunited, Joseph told them that what they had done was meant to be evil but God had used it for good. Because of their evil act, his family was saved from famine and the Jews developed into a mighty nation. I believe that God uses people to accomplish his will in many ways beyond our limited understanding.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, hate to throw in the towel, folks! But gotta git up in the AM to work that habañero garden! But I'll be BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHK!!!!!

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Certainly good and evil exist, but is that really all there is? If there is only good and evil, how do you explain the story of Joseph in Genesis? His jealous brothers sold him into slavery and told their father that a wild animal had killed him. Much later when they were reunited, Joseph told them that what they had done was meant to be evil but God had used it for good. Because of their evil act, his family was saved from famine and the Jews developed into a mighty nation. I believe that God uses people to accomplish his will in many ways beyond our limited understanding.
Optimism and redemption?
Some people believe that the opposite of good is evil and vice versa, I think the opposite of both may be ambivalence or indifference,
Just like I don't believe the opposite of love is hate, I believe it's indifference.
The one thing I have been taught, is that all men are sinners and all sinners can have redemption just for the asking. Forgiveness from other human beans, now that's a different matter, at least that's what stuck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom