I'm gay...and black. ~ NBA center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully I'll make it through my day with this crazy news. I also wrote to the NY Times to let them know my Keurig broke, hopefully we can have a national discussion about it. But seriously, Psh None of my business.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure how that took courage. Courage would be a straight white guy being openly Christian, pro traditional marriage, and just an all around nice guy. Now that could have a negative impact on your pro career.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say good for him, that had to be monumentally difficult for him do. I'm a firm believer in real equality for all. As for the ones that said they don't care but he should have kept it to himself it's not a matter of him announcing his sexuality because he wanted attention, it's the only way he could make it all go away. Up until announcing it he had to hide part of his life. Straight people don't have to hide anything because nobody cares but if you're a gay NBA player or whatever and you have to hide part of your life, that had to be terrible for him, especially being in the public eye. The guy couldn't even be himself and that's not right. Now that it's out though he can live his life like everyone else and it becomes a non-issue. So by coming out he basically made it a non-issue. No doubt the press will be all over him initially but once the new wears off even they won't care.

Latest posts

Top Bottom