I'm looking to purchase a handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 709, but am going to sell it and get the Taurus .308. The 709 is a great gun.. just to big to carry in a pocket.. only slightly too big. Great on the hip though and would work very well in a purse too.

B

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not rocket science. A good J-frame hammerless .38 with a crimson trace laser grip. Very simple to aim and shoot. She'll also enjoy shooting it at the range with that laser grip.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and my mother both carry a Taurus 9 shot 22mag with some really hot CCI 50 gr jacketed hollow points...

it is a nice little gun they can get their little hands around... remember most violent encounters happen within 21 feet...

it takes no thought to use point and shoot... no slide to work... and the 22WMR is a beast in a little package...

besides a .22 Magnum that you'll actually carry beats the pants off of a .45 that you leave at home. (quote stolen from someone on the net I just liked it)

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ballistically in a 2in barrel, no diff between 380 and .38. Might look at the ruger LCP, my wife loves hers, and likes to shoot it. Shoots it better than me, and better than she shoots my Glock, think its because of hand size.

Attachments

• IMG_3068.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 115

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i bought my wife a s.s.taurus 38 revolver years ago but she hadnt grown up around guns and needed something easy and simple "just aim and pull the trigger" is what i have always told her when i take her out to shoot it and its fit her very well...

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a Kel-Tec P11. I've been really happy with it so far. At just over 20 oz fully loaded it would be hard to find a lighter handgun for carry.

-S