I'm new here and to cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew

Marksman
Reaction score
So I've had my license for about a month now and carry every day, where legal. For practice in being alert to my surroundings, I've been looking for fellow cc'ers. In doing so, I've also notice that people generally are oblivious.

Today I pocket carried an xds in a pocket holster and it prints pretty bad. I sat in Walmart for a good 45 minutes waiting on a prescription and never got a look. Just amazes me that people go around completely clueless.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've had my license for about a month now and carry every day, where legal. For practice in being alert to my surroundings, I've been looking for fellow cc'ers. In doing so, I've also notice that people generally are oblivious.

Today I pocket carried an xds in a pocket holster and it prints pretty bad. I sat in Walmart for a good 45 minutes waiting on a prescription and never got a look. Just amazes me that people go around completely clueless.

In this day and age, it's considered rude to take too much of an interest in anyone around. They think you're hitting on them, scoping them out or just plain weird.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In this day and age, it's considered rude to take too much of an interest in anyone around. They think you're hitting on them, scoping them out or just plain weird.

I'm going to stick with the "oblivious to all other things around them", in this part of the state anyway.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you want to really see how oblivious people are, open carry instead of CC and see how many people notice (or don't notice as the case may be)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to really see how oblivious people are, open carry instead of CC and see how many people notice (or don't notice as the case may be)

I OC quite a bit... I think a good number of people see it, but either expect I'm a cop (laff) or just don't worry about it.

Only gotten a very few comments, maybe 7 or 8, several of which have been affirmations by fellow CC/OCers. Only once has anyone expressed a problem with it, which was an employee at Embassy Suites in OKC.

drew

Marksman
Reaction score

I'm not quite into the whole open carry thing yet. One reason being I lack a proper retention holster. And two, my employers would not allow it.

drew

Marksman
Reaction score
Law doesnt require retention holster

No, but I would prefer to have if I'm open carry. Yes it's one extra step to defeat in a draw, but I would rather have that than have to be too easy for say a gun grabbing person in line at the store behind me. I'll grant you the odds of a gun grab are low but, that one reason I cc rather oc. Can't have taken from you what they don't see to take. Personal preference I guess.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, but I would prefer to have if I'm open carry. Yes it's one extra step to defeat in a draw, but I would rather have that than have to be too easy for say a gun grabbing person in line at the store behind me. I'll grant you the odds of a gun grab are low but, that one reason I cc rather oc. Can't have taken from you what they don't see to take. Personal preference I guess.

The odds of a gun grab as you describe are less than low, they are statistically 0.

However I have seen stories where a CC person has had their firearm taken from them during the course of a crime.

I'm not saying OC is the best thing for everyone, gotta do what you are comfortable with, but generally a criminal that sees someone carrying a firearm will move on to a softer target.

Latest posts

Top Bottom