I'm thinking about a CZ SP-01 Tactical 9mm..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

What do you guys know about the SP-01's or CZ pistols? I'm looking for a range gun and like that it is all steel including the grip frame. They also make a 22LR conversion for it to that is made of steel too, although it is a bit pricy. I've checked out the one over at 41st Academy a few times. It is the decocker model and comes with tritium sights.

Thanks,

Alan

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine works just fine. Makes a nice range gun with all that steel it's comfortable to shoot (in others words with a full mag it's a heavy gun).
I probably like my 75b just a little more.
Seems like a waste to pay for the nite sights an a range only gun.
CZs are addictive, I am struggling to not buy a Phantom while Buds has them on sale.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi W150,

Thanks for the report.

If you haven't held the Phantom yet, Bass Pro in BA has one you check out before ordering from Buds (the only CZ pistol they have!).

I was about ready to place my order at Buds and the price jumped. They wouldn't honor the 30 minutes earlier price either when I called.

Thanks,

Alan

Reaction score
I had one of these, and they're great - arguably the perfect home defense handgun. But I sold it just to simplify a bit - kept the CZ 85 as the home defense handgun. I didn't like having that TLR-2 hanging out there when I practiced with it, and I believe you should practice like you play, so ultimately I deemed the rail to be unnecessary. Keep in mind that it's usually hard to find holsters for railed guns - my Safariland Speed-Quik shoulder holster worked with it, however, as it's an "open" design - dunno if they still make this. But as a home defense pistol (and/or 'range gun', as you say), it's hard to beat. Like all CZs, more accurate than the average pistol.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 75B and a PCR, when you rack the slides it feels like they're riding on bearings. Can't go wrong with a CZ.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great guns Alan. I had an Sp-01 a while back and really like it, they are well made. Kind of wish I hadn't sold it, but you know how that goes!

bsdubois00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my PCR - I had an SP-01 Phantom - sold it before I ever shot it to fund other guns - but at the Bud's price of 451 SHIPPED - this is really a hard gun to beat - I know its not all steel but its VERY great feeling and the price makes it REALLY WORTH IT

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 75b in stainless I got from Second Hand Rose. It's very accurate, and well made. The single action trigger is pretty good, and the double is ok for what it is (not a fan of any double action triggers). The "b" model can be used in single action mode if you like, but no decocker.

They make great range guns, and you can carry it if you don't mind the weight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom