Immigration Nightmare.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check it out i have jump through hoops just to get my daughter here. I was born in Oklahoma and served in the ARMY. But the means absolutely zero.
If I recall correctly, a child born abroad of one parent who is a U.S. Citizen is a U.S. Citizen by birth.
Is your name on her birth certificate?
This shouldn’t be about your getting her citizenship. This should be about your registering with the U.S. Government that your daughter is a U.S. Citizen.
If she is an adult, she can go to the US Embassy and provide them with the documentation, and they should be able to issue her a U.S. passport.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I helped my sis -inlaw fill out her paperwork for citizenship. It wasn't that hard, Just have to make sure you include copies of everything required. Bring originals to interview. Just make sure she's lived here with her Green Card for the required amount of time. Sis-inlaw doesn't live in OK and there wasn't many applicants during Covid but still took a year and a half. Became citizen this time last year.
Her father was born in Oklahoma.
He’s a U.S. Citizen by birth.
She is a U.S. Citizen by birth, due to her being the child of a U.S. Citizen.
If she is still in her country of birth, she should go to the U.S. Embassy and find out what she needs to do to get her birth registered with Dept of State, and get her passport.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son-in-law is Canadian. During his 3 year ordeal, I kept telling him to get Babbel, learn Spanish and come in with the rest of them from the south.

Como se llama usted, ehh
Canadian eh well I knew I liked you
I married an American over seas and came on a visa did it all at the embassy was easy enough 33 years ago after 3 or 5 years can’t remember applied for citizenship. When my son was born here I got him his Canadian citizenship if he ever decides to go live there with all there gun restrictions so he probably won’t raised him right

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This week’s episode of The Political Orphanage is about immigration. Despite the podcast’s name, this is an apolitical episode, strictly about the nuts and bolts of immigration, wherein Heaton is talking to an attorney who specializes in immigration law. It’s primarily about her particular specialty, employment immigration (H1b visas, etc), but around the 49 minute mark, they talk about a topic closely related to the OP’s situation.

Hopefully the forum nanny won’t stomp on the URL. If it does, you can get the podcast by going to

https://politicalorphanage.libsyn.com/
and find the episode “Sucks To Legally Immigrate”

Latest posts

Top Bottom