Immigration Nightmare.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone had to deal with immigration? And if so was it a nightmare? Long story short I'm trying to get my daughter's citizenship so far it's been a mess. I called immigration and asked them what paperwork i needed to fill out they were not helpful and said the would give a call back in 7 to 30 days. Fast forward 3 weeks later a lady called for D.C. i asked her what i need to fill out she said and i quote " I can't tell you". I asked her would she help me it i was illegal and she started to stutter. Lol What a f$&king mess.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had to deal with immigration? And if so was it a nightmare? Long story short I'm trying to get my daughter's citizenship so far it's been a mess. I called immigration and asked them what paperwork i needed to fill out they were not helpful and said the would give a call back in 7 to 30 days. Fast forward 3 weeks later a lady called for D.C. i asked her what i need to fill out she said and i quote " I can't tell you". I asked her would she help me it i was illegal and she started to stutter. Lol What a f$&king mess.
You might try The American Dream Center in Tulsa. www.americandreamcenters.org
They are a non-profit that assists legal immigrants.
We know them, and they are legit.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check it out i have jump through hoops just to get my daughter here. I was born in Oklahoma and served in the ARMY. But the means absolutely zero.
Was she born in a military hospital? They should have started all the paperwork with the state department, check this site and see if it helps any. Requesting a Life Event Record as a U.S. Citizen

From the website: A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met. In such a case, the Department of State will issue a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, also called a Form FS-240, in the child's name.

Please visit the Department of State's website for more information, including how the CRBA may be replaced or amended if necessary.

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No she wasn't unfortunately. That would have made things much easier. I'll check it out.
You need an attorney that practices immigration law. You will not be able to do this without one. I am a long retired INS employee. It has become more difficult over the years. Illegal entrants have priority.

Raptor62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard Senator Lankford,s office will help.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I helped my sis -inlaw fill out her paperwork for citizenship. It wasn't that hard, Just have to make sure you include copies of everything required. Bring originals to interview. Just make sure she's lived here with her Green Card for the required amount of time. Sis-inlaw doesn't live in OK and there wasn't many applicants during Covid but still took a year and a half. Became citizen this time last year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom