Impulse Buy - New .22LR Pistol for the Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had originally had planned on picking up a SW22 Victory and was going to add a Burris Fastfire III and Altamont grips, but then realized that a 617 would be same cost in the end.

I still think that the Victory makes a nice little race / target platform. The grip angle is much more suited to my hands than the MK III and they are cheap enough that you can add a Volquartsen barrel or quality red dot and still come in at the same price as most of the MK III models. The fiber optic sights are also some of the nicest that I have seen on a factory pistol.

i.imgur.com_pgvdB6jh.jpg

i.imgur.com_aAYEKm0h.jpg

The Altamont grips are sexy too...I'd definitely get the classic panel with laser logo, but in Rosewood.

i.imgur.com_XYHLH1jh.jpg

Here's a link to their full line of grips for the Victory...I hear that a target grip is also in the works. http://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/smith_and_wesson/22-victory/

I will likely end up adding a fiber optic front sight on the 617 and may opt for a Burris Fastfire III sometime down the road. It will definitely sport the same Hogue Miculek grips as my 686.

i.imgur.com_FVCmswA.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Mark III hunter offers a fluted barrel that is unique.
On mine, the volquartsen brake is kind of a blob, so it might go for a magna port to clean it up. Burris fast fire III.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160820_205f656ae35183826d68fc0d1cd30064.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom