In all honesty this breaks my heart ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BS!! all the information is out there... all you have to do is grin and bear it.... as you read through reams of boring ass technical material.

here's a start... let us know what you gleam out of it ... will you?

-------------

How has the crisis changed the teaching of economics?

http://www.economist.com/economics/by-invitation/questions/how_has_crisis_changed_teaching_economics

--------
here's another recent one....
---------

America's economy .... Are we there yet?

America’s recovery will be much slower than that from most recessions; but the government can help a bit

http://www.economist.com/node/17039121

I'm still waiting for YOUR explanation.

Do you REALLY believe the "stimulus" package or bail outs fixed anything??

I believe it simply put off the inevitable and, someday, we WILL have to pay the price.

The Government can't keep spending money it doesn't have.

There are only 2 ways to pay off the deficit, stop spending like a drunken sailor &/or raise taxes. I don't know about you, but I'm about taxed to death as it is!

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, Bush was more than likely the one that said 9/11 was a go. Sorry bud but WAY too much evidence supports that OUR government was probably responsible for 9/11. One word.. Oil.

Please enlighten all of us with the evidence that you speak of.As for oil and Afgan. dude, they have no oil there.And as far as iraq, we could deplete all of their oil and still be way behind what we have spent fighting over there.
But the main thing is I would really like to see the proof you speak of.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bush and Obama both shared one factor that defined Bush for his entire presidency and is now defining Obama's entire presidency so far.

what I'm referring to is a single catastrophic event greeted both presidents at the beginning of their terms.

Bush had 9/11 in his face ... he had no choice but to deal with it. like it or not that was the hand dealt. some folks approved of his actions.... some hated it!

Obama had the US economy almost collapse, immediately on assuming US presidency. not only did he face collapse of the US economy, the world's economy not far behind.

It's easy to criticize afterward as hindsight is 20/20 ... but think how much worst things would have been without all the stimulus that we are all sick of.

Where did the stimulus money come from? All it did was delay the inevitable collapse that we are sliding into. Face it: Both parties have sold our republic down the river to enrich themselves.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no fan of BHO at all. But yeah, that was kind of hard to watch. I'd like to think it will make him rethink the economy, start cutting the budget in a meaningful way, cut taxes and let WE THE PEOPLE keep more of our money so WE can stimulate the economy. It's the only thing that EVER works. But, I know it won't happen any time soon. The politicians haven't put us through the wringer enough. They've got more power left to grab. It will take the citizenry getting much, much madder than we are now. Vote out way more crusty, stuck in a rut, power building life-long politicians (Rep. and Dem.) and scare the sh** out of them and they'll start doing what it takes. And that's what infuriates me. They ALL know EXACTLY what it takes. But there is no empire building in deeply cutting the budget and significantly reducing taxes. So they'll keep on raising taxes, doling out the money and building influence and when the people get in their face, as in the video, they'll tap dance, smile and spew a line of fecal matter and hope to get reelected again. We the People are feeding their arrogance.

I kind of like this post:yelclap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom