In all honesty this breaks my heart ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12966372
The state has already taken about $360 million in federal stimulus money for education. Oklahoma educators report districts used the money to pay for more than 4,100 teachers and 400 other jobs, last school year.

This is one of those posts that prove to me that you don't even know what you are talking about.

Career tech gets very little of its funding from the state of OK.
It's funded mostly by local ad valorem taxes.

Francis Tuttle for example:

Ad Valorem Taxes 77.2%
Tuition 6.7%
Interest Income 1.5%
State 10.9%
Federal 3.6%

http://www.francistuttle.edu/Media/Website Resources/PDFs/annual_report.pdf

Ba Bye Now :haay:

:rollingla

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
This is one of those posts that prove to me that you don't even know what you are talking about.

Career tech gets very little of its funding from the state of OK.
It's funded mostly by local ad valorem taxes.

Francis Tuttle for example:

Ad Valorem Taxes 77.2%
Tuition 6.7%
Interest Income 1.5%
State 10.9%
Federal 3.6%

http://www.francistuttle.edu/Media/Website Resources/PDFs/annual_report.pdf

Ba Bye Now :haay:

:rollingla

You're really desperate, aren't you?
This whole thread was about the stimulus money and I put up a quote about how much went to education in this state.
Never said anything about any of it going to CareerTechs.
Don't put words in my mouth or misquote me.
That's a sign of a sure loser.
That money was from the FEDERAL gov't stimulus package.
So you're saying that last year this CareerTechs got 3.6% from the feds and 10.9% from the state?
Let's see, Francis Tuttle's budget exceeds over $45 million per year, that about $4.9 million from the state, over $1.6 million from the feds according to Francis Tuttle's literature.
That's doesn't amount to much does it?
It's not much to the clowns who administer education funds in this state.
Geez, I hope you don't have any say in spending our tax dollars!
By the way, how many CareerTechs have Oklahoma Workforce offices on their campuses?
I guess it's a good thing for Francis Tuttle. It feels up some of that space they don't use.
According to their management, they need more space and are at 100% usage. That means they use one class once a week for a few hours and it's 100% used for the whole week.
They have about a far cry from being at full capacity.
They scream they need more space so they can hire more administrators and up their salaries.
If you're going to quote their budget,
why didn't you address my previous claim of the administrative costs in labor is twice what their instructors costs are?
You won't because it's unbelievable how many administrators they have and how much money they make.
You're drank so much of the education lobby's Kool Aid, particularly that of the CareerTechs, you're probably a pretty pink all the way through. :rolleyes2

ETA CareerTech in Stillwater employs over 330 people and drew $157 Million from the state budget in 2010.
So Hobbes, CareerTech gets very little money from the state?
Please don't tell me you work for CareerTech!
If you do, you're probably a burden on the taxpayer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom