In all honesty this breaks my heart ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my youth,I did a bunch of that convenience store clerk stuff. I could teach you my secrets. Five Twenty Five an hour and that aint hay.
Send me a P.M.
Normally, I would take you up on your generous offer.

However, Mr Silly has told me that I can get Trained at Francis Tuttle in how to be a convenience store clerk. :spaghetti:

AND on top of that the federal gubment will pay for my education with some of those stimulus dollars I keep hearing about all the time. :bowdown:

So far, he hasn't pointed me to the specific class tho. :rolleyes2

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I WAS going to get trained in how to be a 'Oil cleanup volunteer' and go to New Orleans where I could clean up and get rich.

But then BP foiled all my plans when they went and capped that well. :confused:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear they are laying off 'Oil cleanup volunteers' by the thousands down there.
And all because of the irresponsible actions of 1 company that places a higher priority on the environment and wildlife than they do on good jobs for hard workin Mericans. :disappoin

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
Mr. Silly, you don't even know what you're talking about.

and you STILL can't show me the course that trains someone to become a convenience store clerk. :lmfao: :rollingla

Like you said orginally. :loser:

You didn't dispute the facts I mentioned other than the convenience store clerk class. That fail apart due to lack of enrollment or students.
Ignore them all you want, they are true.
Obviously you must be one of those low producing, over paid CareerTech administrators defending his job.
For a multimillion dollar construction center to be built with a federal grant and only offer Cabinet-Making, Tile Laying, "Construction Technology" (how to read architectural blueprints), Cosmetology, and GED classes is sad.
Or the fact that the current crop of educational administrators are more interested in developing the votechs in this state as junior colleges instead of teaching skilled trades is pathetic.
It's a waste of taxpayer funds.
Why don't you address the Associate Degree in Gardening developed by Francis Tuttle for the autistic with a gov't grant?
The ones the state hired for the Capitol building aren't allowed to use power tools because of fear they will hurt themselves.
Education, especially the CareerTech scam, is a huge waste of funds in this state.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
SHOW me where those courses are listed.

No need for twistin and squirmin. No need to divert the topic elsewhere.

Just back up THIS statement.

LOL, you are in a corner, aren't you?
Don't ask us to drink the CareerTech Kool-aid like you have.
Pull up the budgets from any of the CareerTechs and try to make heads or tails of it. They play games with labels on funds and it is difficult to make heads or tails of them.
Their administrative costs compared to instructional costs (labor and salaries) is two to one in many instances.
WIA funds are merged into those figures.
I guess you won't count cake making courses as being held under a roof built by tax dollars.
As far as the courses, I can't bring those up on line as they were dropped from the catalog because of the lack of students as I've said before.
And I'm not going to dig up those old catalogs because of ONE point you dispute.
Can you tell me how many skilled trades programs that any of the Careertechs have that will achieve an occupational license?
Do they give one for cake makers or pastry chefs?
CareerTechs do a good job of promoting themselves and not too good a job to training technical workers, such as SKILLED TRADES.
Unless you think a pastry chef is a skilled trade.

ETA I'd like to see those in education held responsible for the funds they spend. There is NO ACCOUNTABILITY for educational administrators in this state.
They seem to be measured by the amount of innovative BS they can produce.
They fail each year as a group in education our children and call for more funds to overcome their failure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom