In memory of a fishin' friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The travel clerk where I work was an ardent fisherman (fisherwoman?). We never went fishing together, but always compared notes, pictures, and the like.

A few weeks back this apparently healthy woman in her early 50s died in her sleep. Everyone was truly shocked, and we all grieve her loss.

I want to share a small story. She, and I believe the guy who she eventually married, were fishing for crappi at Arcadia. They saw a catfish take an adult mallard drake down. She was understandably surprised and impressed.

I found a small yellow rubber duckie and a huge treble hook. A hole from back to front in the duckie allowed insertion of the shank of the hook just far enough for the eye to stick out of the duck's chest, and as luck would have it, the three hooks surrounded the duckie's butt as though it had been designed that way.

She got a huge laugh out of it and it sat on her desk for a long time.

Every time I walk into the office, I still expect to see her and to hear her latest fishing report.

Hold a good thought for her.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The travel clerk where I work was an ardent fisherman (fisherwoman?). We never went fishing together, but always compared notes, pictures, and the like.

A few weeks back this apparently healthy woman in her early 50s died in her sleep. Everyone was truly shocked, and we all grieve her loss.

I want to share a small story. She, and I believe the guy who she eventually married, were fishing for crappi at Arcadia. They saw a catfish take an adult mallard drake down. She was understandably surprised and impressed.

I found a small yellow rubber duckie and a huge treble hook. A hole from back to front in the duckie allowed insertion of the shank of the hook just far enough for the eye to stick out of the duck's chest, and as luck would have it, the three hooks surrounded the duckie's butt as though it had been designed that way.

She got a huge laugh out of it and it sat on her desk for a long time.

Every time I walk into the office, I still expect to see her and to hear her latest fishing report.

Hold a good thought for her.

What a wonderful story. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom