Incubating chicken eggs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
did you open the unhatched eggs to see their stage of development? different incubators will have somewhat different hatch times. you could be prematurely giving up on the foam incubator. much can be learned from opening the unhatched eggs.
yes I did. Of the 8 unhatched eggs there was only 1 that had a chick in development and it was waaaaay behind so probably passed in the process.. The foam incubator was a day behind the other for some reason. It's eggs did not start hatching until day 22 and I left them in there for another 36 hours before removing the chicks and unhatched eggs. So I feel I was almost 100% in hatching the viable eggs.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5D3625D5-D548-445D-BF5E-90C03D22F228.gif

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap, I’m still trying to get over the $400 price tag on the styrofoam incubator.

I grew up with my folks hatching all kinds of eggs in incubators from styrofoam, metal and even wooden incubators, still have the big wooden one and I think one of the smaller metal ones.

Ya’ll are making we wanting to bust it out and start hatching again.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap, I’m still trying to get over the $400 price tag on the styrofoam incubator.

I grew up with my folks hatching all kinds of eggs in incubators from styrofoam, metal and even wooden incubators, still have the big wooden one and I think one of the smaller metal ones.

Ya’ll are making we wanting to bust it out and start hatching again.
I messed up. I still had the invoice in the box and looked at it a little closer and I had bought 2. One for a friend. So it was $200 but still significantly more than the $73 dollar plastic one from Amazon that really worked better as far as ease of doing it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom