Infamous sites in OKC (and surrounding areas)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to the home of Charles Urschel, an oilman of the 1930's.

327 NW 18th..Oklahoma City...kinda the Mesta Park area.

Importance: Machine Gun Kelly and some of his members kidnapped Mr.Urschel, took him to Texas and about a week later his family had a representative give Machine Gun Kelly around $200, 000. They let him go.

You may want to google the story for more information...Machine Gun Kelly kidnapping Charles Urschel.

All I can think of right now. After your friends leave...of course...I'll have a million ideas.

This is a great one! Charles Urschel was able to remember details about the trip while he was stuffed into the trunk of the car. He also was able to describe the farm where he was held and the time and type of planes that flew over. From this, the FBI was able to determine where he was held and traced back to who was there.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I lived within blocks of the circus my entire life and from 2007 to the end of 2012 lived essentially next door.
One night my brother and his girlfriend came to get me out if bed because there was a circus in the backyard and the tiny man in the top hat invited them into the tent but told them I had to come with them. I never saw this alleged circus but to this day they still claim it was there.

It's essentially in my backyard, my house backs up to the woods that surround the place.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
the circus grounds were the wintering place for the outfit. the trees have grown up at the entrance, but many years ago you could see some carousels and equipment in there. the place was being looted quite often and now there is new signage for trespassers.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
it was the one on north broadway. i was attending central state university,now uco. i lived at the intersection of ayers and boulevard and was to poor to have even a window unit. i could faintly hear the shots that occurred in the back parking lot from my open second story window. some of you may remember a gum company putting a stick of gum in a package with patrick sherrill on a collector card with other famous serial killers. sickos...

Latest posts

Top Bottom