Infamous sites in OKC (and surrounding areas)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The boys home in Guthrie was bought years back and renovated. I use to run through that place with some buddies when it was a wreck. Lots of interesting stuff....stranger than a football bat...and a tad scary. Double goes for the old hospital.

You could check out the mansion in Ponca City.

The Action Figure Museum in Paul's Valley.

If you really want haunted - http://www.hauntedhouses.com/states/ok/index.htm

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of the downtown tunnel, I recall a funny incident that occurred there. Back in the early '90's, there was a flasher that dressed up with cut off pant legs and tied at/or above the knees. He also had a section of a white shirt complete with the neck and a necktie. When he closed up his "trench coat," he looked just like a normal businessman. We were listening on a police scanner and hearing the reports that "the guy was in such and such a place." Cops would run there through the tunnel and likely passed the guy in the tunnel getting to the "latest" sighting location. That process went on for about 15 to 20 minutes until the guy flashed a receptionist in one of the office building's lobby. Two guys in the lobby tackled him and held him 'til the cops showed up in the right place.

jw405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait...there's a haunted circus site in Edmond??? This is no beuno!!! I hate clowns...now there are frickin' killer ghost clowns in Edmond!! YIKES!

I lived within blocks of the circus my entire life and from 2007 to the end of 2012 lived essentially next door.
One night my brother and his girlfriend came to get me out if bed because there was a circus in the backyard and the tiny man in the top hat invited them into the tent but told them I had to come with them. I never saw this alleged circus but to this day they still claim it was there.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Underground

The project is now complete. The Invited Artists Gallery in the Underground is now open and features the shows created by Oklahoma artists. The Invited Artists Gallery sits underneath the intersection of Robinson and Robert S. Kerr with entrances from all adjacent buildings. The exhibitions are free and open to the public.

The Underground is open Monday - Friday from 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.

To view a map of the underground, click here.

NOTICE: Due to construction and safety reasons, a portion of the Underground will be closed off indefinitely. The area to be closed is the "Light" gallery between the purple "Invited Artists" and yellow "Oil Exploration History" galleries. You can bypass the closed area by using alternative access points and skywalks. We'll let you know when this portion of the Underground has been reopened.

Due to the recent storms and flooding, a portion of The Underground has been closed. The Red Hallway where it meets the Blue Hallway will be shut down until further notice. Stay tuned. We'll post an announcement when it has been repaired and reopened. Thank you for your patience!

It will be reopened tomorrow. There are some areas without carpet until Saturday when they put the new in. The Underground is about 50 feet from my office.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived within blocks of the circus my entire life and from 2007 to the end of 2012 lived essentially next door.
One night my brother and his girlfriend came to get me out if bed because there was a circus in the backyard and the tiny man in the top hat invited them into the tent but told them I had to come with them. I never saw this alleged circus but to this day they still claim it was there.

I would have moved to Florida the next day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom