Interesting 2012 Oklahoma Legislative Agenda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dt405gt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
More of us need to contact our officials and tell them how we feel. I always get a personalized message back from any government official I have contacted. They do not know what we want unless we tell them!

LaneOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"HB2702, authored by Rep. Vaughan, and SB 1946, authored by Sen. Shortey, adds those who "enter by deception" to Oklahoma's Castle Doctrine law."

My girlfriend had a guy try to push his way into her house once. He claimed that he ran a business shampooing carpets, when she said no he began to push his way into the house. He received a door to the face and my girlfriend became very interested in shooting for self defense.

N

Neist

"HB2702, authored by Rep. Vaughan, and SB 1946, authored by Sen. Shortey, adds those who "enter by deception" to Oklahoma's Castle Doctrine law."

My girlfriend had a guy try to push his way into her house once. He claimed that he ran a business shampooing carpets, when she said no he began to push his way into the house. He received a door to the face and my girlfriend became very interested in shooting for self defense.

I've had to slam a door in someone's face before, too.

You never know when they are just being pushy, but it's best not to take the chance, I say.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I like some of what I see. The issue is going to be which of these are actually heard and voted on. I'm liking the open carry stuff and I am very supporting of lowering the price of the carry permit fees. What do the guys big in the government think here? Do we have a chance of seeing any of these pass?
I think the following have a chance of passing since the powers need to throw some "red-meat" to the poor, dirty masses so they can be re-elected, without actually giving the masses any REAL power:

HB2776, authored by Rep. Faught, will make it more difficult for an US Attorney to prosecute any citizen under the provisions of the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act.

HB2702, authored by Rep. Vaughan, and SB 1946, authored by Sen. Shortey, adds those who "enter by deception" to Oklahoma's Castle Doctrine law.

HB2193, authored by Rep. Murphey, would add "ammo" to the law requiring employers to allow employees with CWL's to leave their weapon (and ammo) in their locked vehicle.

Sen. Shortey, has also authored a separate bill dealing with gun range immunity, SB1722.

HB2988, authored by Rep. Ritze, would add places of worship to Oklahoma's Castle Doctrine.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad they like to soil all this by

A. Not passing this stuff, because they can just not pass it and bring it up every year for free Gun owner votes

B. Regulate media and other social issues they have no business in.

O

OK Hog Shooter

HB2332, authored by Rep. Moore, will make it legal for a person to open carry on their private property outside their dwelling place for the purposes of self-defense. Currently this is not allowed under state law.

Rep. McCullough has authored HB2550, an open carry by license bill. He has also authored HB2537, which address casual exposure, removes public buildings from the list of prohibited places for concealed carry, allows the governing bodies of both public and private schools to set their own weapons policy, and reduces the penalty for carrying a concealed weapon into a marked establishment from a crime to a trespass violation.

I thought we have the right to open carry on rural private property. I open carry all of the time when I'm working on the farm.

It would be nice to be protected by some provision that would prevent prosecution if I accidently expose my carry gun when reaching for the chips on the top shelf in the grocery store!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The various proposals listed in this thread do not include any info on what Mike Ritze, BA representative, has proposed on firearms use in church. The various media presentations talk about the Make My Day/Stand Your Ground concepts in OK law. I don't see the need since SDA does not restrict carry at church. Can somebody enlighten me what this is all about?

Thor20003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"and reduces the penalty for carrying a concealed weapon into a marked establishment from a crime to a trespass violation."

Does this mean in the scenario of being asked to leave but choosing not to? I thought the "gun buster" signs carried no legal weight other than allowing a store to ask you to leave.

Did I miss some change?

Thanks

greezypete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"and reduces the penalty for carrying a concealed weapon into a marked establishment from a crime to a trespass violation."

Does this mean in the scenario of being asked to leave but choosing not to? I thought the "gun buster" signs carried no legal weight other than allowing a store to ask you to leave.

Did I miss some change?

Thanks

This is what I also thought.

My sister told me that on friday , the 17th, someone in Konawa had the police take his gun AND CWP away from him for printing. He was in a gunbuster posted business when the police were called , but I thought the penalty was far less than license forfeture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom