Interesting Keyhole Target From AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm my Tantal 5.45x39 shoots fine, cheap ammo or reloads. It does not matter.
The rifles he’s referring to were built by century (imagine that) and had .223 barrels. There’s a certain serial number prefix you have to look out for. Luckily my tantal was built by interarms with the original polish barrel so it shoots very
nicely. For an ak…

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Swabbed the barrel with Sweet's 7.62 and gave it a good cleaning. Very, very little evidence of copper fouling...some, not much. Not enough to cause the problem.

I'm just gonna try some 55gr rounds and see what happens. Let's just say I have an ample supply of 5.56/.223 but it's all on stripper clips and I can't tell what's what. Everything I have in boxes is 62gr stuff. Pisses me off that I have to go buy more! :censored:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Swabbed the barrel with Sweet's 7.62 and gave it a good cleaning. Very, very little evidence of copper fouling...some, not much. Not enough to cause the problem.

I'm just gonna try some 55gr rounds and see what happens. Let's just say I have an ample supply of 5.56/.223 but it's all on stripper clips and I can't tell what's what. Everything I have in boxes is 62gr stuff. Pisses me off that I have to go buy more! :censored:

If you swap the barrel then no need to stock up on the light 55.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a little premature to be talking about swapping the barrel, in my opinion, when I haven't tried much less expensive, and far simpler, options yet.
Replacing a barrel isn't difficult at all and a good bit less $$$ than 2 cases of ammo. Barrel, block and wrench is probably about the cost of ONE case of decent quality brass cased ammo. Or close...

Latest posts

Top Bottom