Investment Information requested. Where to buy silver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the past several years, I've assisted a family member with finances. I buy and sell small quantities of stocks and have made her a small return on her money. She has quite a bit of cash in money markets and cd's which are earning her nothing. I was thinking of buying around $3k to $5k in silver (or maybe gold) just to diversify a little.

I need to know if I should buy locally or from a large company advertised on the radio. Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had good luck with Apmex but since they are in state you must pay taxes. Provident is also very good, not quite the selection of Apmex but very quick shipping. Now wish I would of invested more in ammo than silver, Yugo 7.62 has gone up a whole lot more than the little stack.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call Edmond Coins / apmex
At one time Scott was one of the larger gold and silver dealers around. A lot of the local dealers went through him. Hopefully he still does some retail sales at the Broadway location. A great bunch to work with.
Here is the website http://www.apmex.com. You will want to search for a company with a narrow buy/sell split.

Many will tell you to stick with 1oz Gold Eagles, Krugerrands, and Silver rounds to make the sales easier. You are going to basically pay X over spot prices per coin and get back spot when you sell. X should be about $2-4 per silver coin and $50-75 on the gold.

I will add. For someone who has quite a bit in cds and and money markets, this would be a pretty risky investment.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By the way, if I have to pay shipping and TAXES if I buy in Oklahoma, wouldn't it be better to buy out of state and only pay shipping? There's 8% right there.....or am I missing something?

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy from Sal at S&N Enterprises in Newcastle. He always has what I need (405) 392-4653. He has plenty on hand. 10oz bars and I think some 100oz bars as well.

I prefer 1 oz American Silver Eagles. When paper money is worthless, they will be more liquid than silver bars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom