Investment Information requested. Where to buy silver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive thought about investing in gold. i read somewhere online (argentina collapse survival cant remember the name) that it is better to buy gold rings and coins than it is to buy bars. also purity is not that big of a concern, because when the economy crashes dealers are only going to pay your junk gold/silver prices

OKC9-12LEDR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the way, if I have to pay shipping and TAXES if I buy in Oklahoma, wouldn't it be better to buy out of state and only pay shipping? There's 8% right there.....or am I missing something?

I have bought from APMEX, good company and service. Their premiums have gone up a lot, all of them have. I shipped to a family member out of state so there was no tax. If you ship it to an Oklahoma address, they have to charge you sales tax.

If you are able to handle a 500oz purchase of silver, the best value I have found is a company called Tulving.com. I went in with friends and combined our money so we could reach the minimum. They are in CA so no sales tax. I would ask them direct how their inventory is doing these days. I did talk with one of my buying friends who recently made a purchase of gold, not sure what he ordered. He had been waiting 2 months and no delivery. Not sure if this was related to the exact thing he ordered or not. I have not spoken to him to find out if it has been resolved. I have dealt with Tulving several times with no problems, his was the first I had heard of any.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought from APMEX, good company and service. Their premiums have gone up a lot, all of them have. I shipped to a family member out of state so there was no tax. If you ship it to an Oklahoma address, they have to charge you sales tax.

If you are able to handle a 500oz purchase of silver, the best value I have found is a company called Tulving.com. I went in with friends and combined our money so we could reach the minimum. They are in CA so no sales tax. I would ask them direct how their inventory is doing these days. I did talk with one of my buying friends who recently made a purchase of gold, not sure what he ordered. He had been waiting 2 months and no delivery. Not sure if this was related to the exact thing he ordered or not. I have not spoken to him to find out if it has been resolved. I have dealt with Tulving several times with no problems, his was the first I had heard of any.

I have been researching all the major silver dealers and Tulving has a lot of bad reviews. I have decided to go with Provident Metals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom