Iran Offers Help After Sandy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Americans are hated elsewhere not because of our freedom, but the foreign policy of our "leadership", that - like it or not - really isn't within our control, no matter how much our 3rd grade propaganda has spun it for decades. Not to mention similar brainwashing being committed on their end. Too many governments teaching their people to hate each other for no good reason other than geopolitical gain.

And "Israel firster"? An American that puts the interests of Israel before the interests of the United States. Our government (and populace) is filled to the gills with 'em. The whole attack Iran controversy is a perfect example.

I disagree. Iran is a muslim nation and preaches hate against anything or anyone that is not muslim or is under the influence of "western culture". They want to destroy a country that is one of our allies. I am no Isreal-firster, but it seems Iran and other countries want to take out Isreal, a country that is one of our allies, strictly because of their religious beliefs and ethnicity.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree. Iran is a muslim nation and preaches hate against anything or anyone that is not muslim or is under the influence of "western culture". They want to destroy a country that is one of our allies. I am no Isreal-firster, but it seems Iran and other countries want to take out Isreal, a country that is one of our allies, strictly because of their religious beliefs and ethnicity.

Haven't spent a lot of time with middle eastern muslims, have we?

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing is that most Iranians don't hate Americans. They've have a horrible regime for quite a while, just like we have with Bush/Obama and their worldwide PR is a nightmare as a result. Americans are treated well in Iran and everyone I've dealt with in Iran is very courteous and friendly. Just like the US, the only bad thing about Iran is their crooked government.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is 100% false.

That's only Muslim religious fanatics. You can't judge an entire ethnic group based on a fringe group.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am no Isreal-firster, but it seems Iran and other countries want to take out Isreal, a country that is one of our allies, strictly because of their religious beliefs and ethnicity.

And the same could be said for why many Americans have such a warm fuzzy for bombing Iran.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't spent a lot of time with middle eastern muslims, have we?

Actually I have worked with quite a few of them. Very nice people, however, the disagreement was with a country ruled and guided by Islam, not the people. Honor killings, degradition of their women and the OH so easy way of killing someone and being justified by their Koran is questionable to our western law and sensibilities.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.....and the OH so easy way of killing someone and being justified by their Koran is questionable to our western law and sensibilities.

Said the American, as another drone strike takes out more civilians in Afghanistan. We need to quit pretending our nation is the epitome of righteousness, when we're arming rebels, attacking nations, installing and deposing leaders, and meddling in the politics of everyone on the globe. The U.S.'s propaganda machine is amazingly effective, if only we could get around it. We're a much, much better people than our government presents us to be. I wish we could demonstrate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom