Is either one better ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bertta xetrana or the benelli super egale ? They both are about $1400 guns . I have shoot a bertta pheant hunting in south dakota two years ago and it was a nice gun . Just which one is the better all around gun ?

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot both alot and they are both reliable. My choice is the Benelli, my hunting partner's choice is the Extrema.

They weigh about the same.
Ours both cycle reliably with everything from light target loads to magnums.
They cost about the same.

The Extrema is gas operated, the Benelli recoil operated. Theoreticaly this should give the Benneli the edge in reliability and make it less sensitive to maintainance or lack of. The Extrema's gas operated system lessens the recoil some.

The Benelli came with 5 choke tubes. I THINK, NOT SURE, his came with 3.

I did the Benelli because:
1. Simpler to field strip and clean.
2. The Benelli "system" had already been out for a longer time and had a very well established reputation for reliability and durability.
3. I thought I might get better resale if I didn't like it.
4. They were and still are THE red hot must have gun for duck hunters so I got alot of advice pushing me towards it.
5. From experience Beretta's customer service sucked and I didn't know at the time that they also owned Benelli. I'm not sure if service has to go through beretta or if it's seperate though.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the xtr 1 better or worse than the 2 , and is KO worth the cost ? The bertta I shot in SD I liked because it had little to no recoil when dumping 6 or 8 rounds .

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I like the Benelli. It'll still be shooting long after the gas ports on the Beretta have gotten dirty and shut it down until cleaned. I had one of the original versions of the Benelli, wish I hadn't let it go. Currently, I have a Stoeger 2000 which is owned by Benelli and has the same operating system. It's been flawless with everything from 2 3/4" target loads for sporting clays to full on 3" magnums for turkey hunting. And it was less than 1/2 the price of the Beretta or Benelli. I got it when I was on an extremely tight budget for turkey season, and wound up liking it so much, I kept it instead of trying to "upgrade".

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't speak on the Xtrema, never shot one. I own a SBE2 and the new A400. recoil on target loads is about the same, Beretta slightly less than the benelli. On heavy loads there was no comparison. the Beretta was hands down lighter recoil by a landslide. the beretta is prettier too, and I have a soft spot for pretty guns. Benelli would probably hold up better for waterfowling, but who is gonna abuse any $1400 gun, regardless of synthetic or wood stock?

Latest posts

Top Bottom