Is freedom of speech really worth potentially upsetting someone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is freedom of speech really worth potentially upsetting someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was not aware that "hood rat" and "welfare queen" were race specific terms. It could be that some of us looking to relate derogatory terms for douche bags to a race.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool! I was never taught that in government schools.
I was... I was also taught about an un-ratified amendment (regarding Americans accepting titles of nobility) that was often erroneously included among the ratified amendments. There were lots of interesting things that happened back in them olden days...

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was not aware that "hood rat" and "welfare queen" were race specific terms. It could be that some of us looking to relate derogatory terms for douche bags to a race.

These terms most often appear when someone is trying to denigrate the African American community. Of course, there are people of all races who fit those derogatory terms, but it is disingenuous to suggest that those terms, when used on a forum such as this, are anything other than coded messages designed to slam a stereotype of some Black Americans. Think of it as someone's latent racism bubbling to the surface. Unacceptable here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was... I was also taught about an un-ratified amendment (regarding Americans accepting titles of nobility) that was often erroneously included among the ratified amendments. There were lots of interesting things that happened back in them olden days...

I've been watching the America, Facts vs Fiction program. It has totally screwed up what I learned in government schools.

Latest posts

Top Bottom