Is the Internet killing religion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do people hate what they claim doesn't exist?

Because living in the backassward region (the bible belt) I cannot simply live my life without having "what doesn't exist" forced down my throat every single day. I hate it because of people stand in the way of science and the furthering of our knowledge of this universe because they have to cling to silly religions. I hate because there are people I know personally that won't take their children to a doctor for an easily treatable illness, instead they insist that prayers to "god" is all that is needed to cure them. I could go on and on making similar points but i've got better things to do than try and disprove another bible thumper.

Religion needs to die, period. If you want to believe in something, go for it. But don't dare stand in the way of science, or another persons happiness. Yeah, i'm talking about homos here.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And many of them are Christians who typically were taught that questioning Gods existence is blasphemy, which is a sin. It aint. Even Jesus asked a question, which may have been his last words.

True words. I've been down that road, came out the other side. Never understood why it's such an aggressors conversation.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I enjoy discussing God. But not religion. Most people don't even understand what religion is. Once you get past "the bible says", I think real proof exists. And Jesus had it about right. It's hard to argue that Love and Altruism doesn't exist, yet came from somewhere. There's no rational explanation.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because living in the backassward region (the bible belt) I cannot simply live my life without having "what doesn't exist" forced down my throat every single day. I hate it because of people stand in the way of science and the furthering of our knowledge of this universe because they have to cling to silly religions. I hate because there are people I know personally that won't take their children to a doctor for an easily treatable illness, instead they insist that prayers to "god" is all that is needed to cure them. I could go on and on making similar points but i've got better things to do than try and disprove another bible thumper.

Religion needs to die, period. If you want to believe in something, go for it. But don't dare stand in the way of science, or another persons happiness. Yeah, i'm talking about homos here.

Famous Scientists Who Believed in God

In addition, Lee Strobel wrote a few books in which he had gone to various scientists with something along the question of "can you prove God?" Strobel was basically an athiest when his wife became a Christian, with the end result being that he became a Christian and a Pastor.

From Wikipedia:

"Strobel received a journalism degree from University of Missouri and a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale Law School, becoming a journalist for The Chicago Tribune and other newspapers for 14 years. He claims to have been an atheist and then began investigating the Biblical claims about Christ after his wife's conversion. As a result of his investigation, he became a Christian."

He has written several books that start with "The Case for...." Those books deal a lot more with scientific "doctrines" than religious ones. Those books are all listed at the Wikipedia article.

Latest posts

Top Bottom