is the world coming to an end?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just my own opinion, Hillary is going to get blamed/take the blame for the whole thing since she is no longer the Sec of State. Obama will be cleared, and it will clear the way for Chelsea to start her run into politics.
If it comes down to "one or the other" I have no doubt whatsoever that Hillary will get thrown under the bus to keep the anointed one sinless.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The MSM will just circle the wagons as per usual - Just think if this whole Benghazi was getting even a fraction of the news coverage after Newtown

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's so utterly ridiculous I'm having a hard deciding if you're for real. For your sake, I'm going to assume you aren't.

Why are you being intentionally obtuse to the fact that F&F intentionally put thousands of firearms into the hands of known criminals?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/15/us.fast.and.furious/index.html

Federal firearms agents in Arizona cringed every time they heard of a shooting after letting waves of guns pass into the hands of Mexican drug gangs, some of those agents told a House committee Wednesday.

It was part of an operation aimed at tracking the flow of weapons across the U.S.-Mexican border, but the operation has come under intense criticism since the December killing of a U.S. Border Patrol officer. Operation Fast and Furious, as the program was known, was "a colossal failure of leadership," said Peter Forcelli, a supervisor at the Phoenix field office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

When U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was wounded and six others were killed in a January assassination attempt in Tucson, Forcelli said, an agency spokesman told him "that there was concern from the chain of command that the gun was hopefully not a Fast and Furious gun." Another agent, Lee Casa, said, "This happened time and time again."

"Every time there's a shooting, whether it was Mrs. Giffords or anybody, any time there is a shooting in the general Phoenix area or even in, you know, Arizona, we're fearful that it might be one of these firearms," Casa told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. The killings of three people connected with the U.S. consulate in Juarez, Mexico, caused similar anxiety, Casa said.

And a third agent, John Dodson, told lawmakers: "I cannot begin to think of how the risk of letting guns fall into the hands of known criminals could possibly advance any legitimate law enforcement interest. I hope the committee will receive a better explanation than I."........

Casa said ATF supervisors in Phoenix, where the project was based, brushed off several agents' concerns over letting guns go. And Dodson said that despite evidence that straw purchasers were giving their weapons to cartels, the agency went no further than to do some surveillance.

"Knowing all the while, just days after these purchases, the guns that we saw these individuals buy would begin turning up at crime scenes in the United States and Mexico, we still did nothing," he said.

A little better breakdown of the timeline of "Gunrunner", "Fast and Furious", and "Wide Receiver" from the conservative bastion known as CBS news.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57461204-10391695/a-primer-on-the-fast-and-furious-scandal/

A particularly interesting excerpt from the CBS link.

Holder has consistently denied knowing anything about gunwalking within his agency when it was occurring. ATF is a division of Holder's Justice Department. He asked the Justice Department Inspector General to investigate in late February 2011. That investigation is ongoing. Holder has answered Congressional questions on Fast and Furious at nine hearings. On May 3, 2011 he told a Judiciary Committee hearing, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks." Yet documents show that at least ten months before the hearing, frequent memos discussing Fast and Furious were addressed to Holder. There were memos dating as far back as July 2010 to Holder from Breuer and the head of the National Drug Intelligence Center. However, the Justice Department says Holder didn't read the memos, and that any mention of Fast and Furious did not discuss the controversial gunwalking tactics. The Justice Department also said that Holder misunderstood the question at the May 3, 2011 hearing and that, while he heard of Fast and Furious much earlier than he'd stated, he meant to say that he hadn't heard specifically about any gunwalking.

You will notice that F&F started in fall of 2009 and was far greater in size and scope than the previous gun running operations that had previously yielded few prosecutions. Yet the ATF, despite numerous objections from numerous agents on the ground proceeded to go ahead with F&F.

But you can continue to hurl personal insults to factual challenges to your position.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it's coming to an end. Many times. The sky falls a couple of times a day right here on OSA.

Oh I forgot to answer the OP. Yes, it's been several billon years in the making and will probably take a few more but it's invincible, I mean inevitable.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"But you can continue to hurl personal insults to factual challenges to your position."

So true, farmer
This is the Babba crowd's normal way of dealing with situations when FACTS are presented to them. Several threads have talked about the 'lurkers' and one has revealed himself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom