Is there anyplace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rainbowicorn Island, Population 0. Social media brings out the worst in people as they sit with their smartphone in the safety of their bathroom posting.

Quite honestly, while shopping or recreating I have run into many nice people who are polite and have a sense of humor. One brings with them either positive or negative energy, I try to bring positive energy. Does it work? Absolutely. For 2024 stay positive, be friendly, be nice. Don't expect everyone to be the same, but in the end you may be pleasantly surprised.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rainbowicorn Island, Population 0. Social media brings out the worst in people as they sit with their smartphone in the safety of their bathroom posting.

Quite honestly, while shopping or recreating I have run into many nice people who are polite and have a sense of humor. One brings with them either positive or negative energy, I try to bring positive energy. Does it work? Absolutely. For 2024 stay positive, be friendly, be nice. Don't expect everyone to be the same, but in the end you may be pleasantly surprised.
One thing I've noticed about that is even if your positive energy doesn't inspire them to reciprocate, their negative energy has a lowered impact on your positive energy. When you're neutral it seems easier for their negativity to influence your energy in the wrong way. :)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in west Texas. Moved to south of Houston. Oldest started playing T-ball. I was team manager. At end of season, I didn't know what parent belonged to what kid. By the third year, I was picking my team by PARENT, not ability of player.
EVERY parent had come from west Texas; Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, San Angelo, Big Spring. We had the best season, everybody had a blast and became life-long friends.

Every season, I had parents begging to be on our team because "we had fun".

Everywhere I go, I come across someone from west Texas and it's like we have friends for years.

20 years ago, I would have said the same about Oklahoma. But things have changed dramatically. Too many tweekers, meth heads and azzhats that believe they know-it-all and want to try and belittle everyone they disagree with.

Times have changed. Keyboard warriors and participation trophies have not been a positive. Common courtesy and respect are sorely lacking.

I have met a few forum members through EnS or classified deals and most were good people, some I call friend.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I typically wont initiate a conversation with someone I dont know, I don't go around grumpy looking with resting b1tchface. It's just my personality but once that gate is opened I can be a chatterbox. I've frequently been the guy that my wife has to wait on to finish talking with someone. Being nice is easy, being an as$ is tiring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom