Anyone else 3D print dumb stuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also wash the bed with dish soap and warm water.
Been wiping it down with alcohol, that's what I understood to do. Been doing bed leveling and calibrations and it keeps doing this.

Idk
20240204_120649.jpg
20240204_120653.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That supposed to be a Trilobite?
Yes, an articulating one. I made a small one with the sample hyper-pla they send with the printer and it worked great. Wanted to scale it up and print with black PLA and all hell breaks loose and I can't get it to stick. I gave up and am moving on to other projects. :(

received_221206007627781.jpeg
received_1429350271312975.jpeg
received_3150621431741800.jpeg

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been wiping it down with alcohol, that's what I understood to do. Been doing bed leveling and calibrations and it keeps doing this.

Idk
View attachment 450830View attachment 450831
what material is that?
pla pteg etc?
what are temps of machine?
and i would us 91% isopropyl alcohol
feel free to pm me as well. be glad to give you cell and we can talk. i have printed thousand of things- and stuff like this is usually connected to heat, calibration, wrong setting etc... imo.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what material is that?
pla pteg etc?
what are temps of machine?
and i would us 91% isopropyl alcohol
feel free to pm me as well. be glad to give you cell and we can talk. i have printed thousand of things- and stuff like this is usually connected to heat, calibration, wrong setting etc... imo.
guess you just answered the pla part. seriously pm me and we can talk if you want.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking to my grandson about buying him a 3D printer and he said to me,
"Grandpa, if it doesn't Tig weld steel, why would we spend our money on it?"
I love that kid
He's right, and wrong at the same time. But I do like his attitude! There is enough plastic crap around that sometimes you just need to be able to fix or replace parts. Dish washer wheels, as an example I've printed.

and I'd kinda like to try 3D printing with a modified wire-feed welder... Probably need a copper table...

Latest posts

Top Bottom