Is this M4 PSA kit a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a source stating that?

Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 10.40.29 AM.jpg

Form what I gathered, they can't explicitly say it but they are sure suggesting a relationship of some sort.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he means stating that its seconds, its well known that FN makes the PSA barrels, and suspected to make the BCG and upper as well. This kit couldnt contain a blem or second lower, since it contains no lower. They are known to sell blems or seconds sometimes, but everyone I have seen reviewing one, says they couldnt find it the blem or reason for it to be considered blem.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Om my latest AR build I used a PSA barrel. Like the one described above. I was told it was manufactured by FN for PSA. If this barrel is somehow a second Ill take another. Very good barrel so far. I also bought a bolt and carrier from the samr company. I bought it knowing from the start it was a "blem". Its going inside the gun who cares the coloring on one side is a little then? The gas keys were staked correctly and was the M-16 profile. It too works perfectly. To answer your question I would get that kit and not worry. Oh and it took about a week for each order from order date to delivery date.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FN makes their barrels, including their premium cold hammer forged barrels with the double layered chrome lining.

PSA used to have a different forge make their lowers, but starting soon (if not not now) FN will also be making their lowers. If your PSA lower is a "low shelf" receiver then it's FN. If it's "high shelf" then it's a different forge.

You can check their industry forum at ar15.com where they talk about this stuff from time to time.

Unless it's labeled as a "second" it's not a second or reject. FN makes barrels and lowers for a couple of other companies, as well. PSA is able to get stuff sourced by FN cheaply because they are just down the road from the FN plant and save lots of money due to virtually no shipping costs.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like that kit is sold out now... but they have a couple different complete M4 uppers for a good price as "weekend deals." It seems like they always have at least some upper or rifle kit on a good sale.

I've built 3 rifles with PSA parts, and am very pleased.

Latest posts

Top Bottom