Is this M4 PSA kit a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all PSA barrels are made by FN. They'll specifically say in the description if they are.

I have a 2011-era PSA barrel that is a Wilson.

You are correct. Forgot about their non-hammer forged barrels made by Wilson. All of the CHF "machine gun" barrels with the double thick chrome lining are FN barrels. Some of the regular hammer forged barrels are also made by FN. Their normal non-hammer forged barrels are usually from Wilson.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am having trouble reading that. Does it say that their lowers and uppers are factory FN seconds?

image.jpg
image.jpg

No it doesn't say that. It says that these lowers are made by a local SC company. FNH-USA is a SC based manufacturer.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can read that one. I don't doubt FN is making some of their stuff I just don't believe any of it, unless it is marked so, is factory 2nds.

PSA premium barrels are marked FN. FN makes components for other manufacturers, as well. There's only a handful of forges and manufacturers that make all AR parts. The difference is what quality control standards they enforce and any custom specs they enforce in manufacturing.

FN also makes some barrels for Noveske (the non stainless steel ones) and Centurion barrels, but some of them aren't labeled FN. Does that make them factory 2nds? No, it just means they paid to have their own logos on them instead of FN's.

PSA's premium CHF barrels are factory firsts. PSA is now having FN forge their lowers now. For a while they were using Aero to make their lowers (same company that makes Spikes Tactical Lowers) and switched to a different company about a year ago. Now they're going to FN now that FN is making lowers (they won the latest contract to produce the next batch of M4's for the army). There's only about 6 or 7 forges that makes lowers for all the AR manufacturers and companies. FN is now one of them and since they're basically down the street from PSA, it makes sense for them to switch from their current forge over to FN, as well.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
switched to a different company about a year ago.

The initial PSA lowers in late '10 and half of '11 were Aero Precision. Since then they've been L.W. Schneider (same folks who make their LPK parts), and now the rumor is FN, as they say their supplier is "right here in South Carolina".

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those lowers by Anderson at Fat Boy Tactical (FBT) are on sale this week snagged 2 @ 57 ea + tx. Also ordered a Vortex SPARC for below $200. Now just have to find a rear site (MBUIS) perrably a meprolight pair with tritium suppose to be good for 15 years. Think I will want the 45 degree ones. Anyone getting tid on some?

Latest posts

Top Bottom