Is USAA insurance a deal or just another insurance CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say that Liberty Mutual was bending me over the woodshed pile and giving me a good pounding. Especially on the homeowners ins. I also moved my wife's car from SF and cut her rate nearly in half.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking to change insurance as well. I've had a USAA credit card for years, so I've been interested in switching to their insurance.

After the tornado in 2013, I asked our contractor who was the worst and best insurance companies they've dealt with. He wouldn't say the name of the worst, but he held out his hands like an open book. We all know that symbol. He said they don't like to pay for anything. I can personally vouch for that when I had that insurance years ago and my house was broken into. They argued everything and didn't want to pay until I pushed them. Cancelled quickly after that.

When asked about the best, he mentioned USAA and AAA. He said they just get things taken care of without hassles. I haven't switched yet, still researching; but I'm really thinking about doing it soon.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be prepared to be inundated with e-mails and phone calls when you fill out the form online. At the time I checked the dude told me they didn't provide homeowners, jewelry and firearm riders, or motorcycle insurance, they partner with Progressive. That ended my interest in them.

Interesting because I have homeowners, jewelry and firearms coverages thru USAA

I've been with them for 35 years and have never had an issue with them.

Dave

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting because I have homeowners, jewelry and firearms coverages thru USAA

I've been with them for 35 years and have never had an issue with them.

Dave
They do not insure boats. I've been with USAA for 6 years now, and when I bought another boat last year, they referred me to Progressive.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had USAA since I was 10, and I just bought a house and have everything through them, easy to call, very respectful a.nd super easy to deal with.

Sent from no where

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had USAA for 25 years now. Past year we've had some BIG claims and they have come through every time. No grilling, or 500 questions. Customer service is fantastic. You can't go wrong.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one in the roofing business or auto repair business questions USAA because they have such a great reputation. I had USAA insurance on two cars and I thought it was quite high (I can't remember the actual cost at the moment). Anyway, I grew frustrated and called them because I was cancelling and changing to AAA. Well, after a few months they sent me a dividend check which went automatically to my bank account. I called USAA and asked why and they said that they pay dividends and that reduces the cost of insurance thru them. sounded crazy but I accepted the check which as around $250.00 or so and later I went back with them because AAA caught up in cost.
One thing that gets my goat though, is that the deductible on hail and wind is lose to $5,000 on homeowners insurance. I remained with AAA on my home because they are $2,000 deductible. Neighbor across the street has USAA and he had a roofing company come out and he paid no deductible, they "absorbed" the deductible when they reroofed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom