It's bush's fault, again. This time the world is Bush's fault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Obama is worse then Carter and there is no way Hillary wins. The economy would half to do a 180, the border would have to be secured, and government spending cut by 1/3 before any Dem wins the Whitehouse in 2016. The next election is the GOP's to lose.

The last 2 elections was the GOPs to lose.....they did. Cmon Rubio, save the GOP.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obama is worse then Carter and there is no way Hillary wins. The economy would half to do a 180, the border would have to be secured, and government spending cut by 1/3 before any Dem wins the Whitehouse in 2016. The next election is the GOP's to lose.

I wouldn't go holding my breath on this Rick. I predict that Hillary is going to run farther to the right than any GOP candidate just to get that house. The public will buy it, and she'll get in. I was the one that thought Obama didn't stand a snowball's chance of getting elected the first time around. The electorate showed me that they were far far stupider that I had them pegged for. Twice! Also don't forget that Bill and Barrack just hate each other. That could play into it too, the Clintons may "go right" just to spite him.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wouldn't go holding my breath on this Rick. I predict that Hillary is going to run farther to the right than any GOP candidate just to get that house. The public will buy it, and she'll get in. I was the one that thought Obama didn't stand a snowball's chance of getting elected the first time around. The electorate showed me that they were far far stupider that I had them pegged for. Twice! Also don't forget that Bill and Barrack just hate each other. That could play into it too, the Clintons may "go right" just to spite him.

Ya know that makes scary sense.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think 2016 is the GOP's to lose... I think if the GOP doesn't field a stable, mid/right, likable and honest candidate with a strong record of working both sides of the aisle and bringing people together to get something accomplished, Hillary will be our first female President. By default, honestly. The left and moderates to me seem so far distanced from the right and the conservative base, that there's no way they will support another rich, white lifelong politician on the GOP ticket.

Hell, I'm not sure *I* would.

I didn't support Mitt, nor McCain. I felt we didn't have a great viable choice. We need a common-sense guy, a businessman, a compassionate pseudo-minority (read: non-100%-white) to change the face of the party. Not the deep-set ideals, but the perceived ostracism. Rubio seems to be a good bridge, but honestly, I don't know enough about the man to make an honest judgement. Someone who can stand firm and patriotic with all the fire and fervor necessary to defend our constitutional rights, yet bridge the game of racial and class divide to convince us/them all we're in this together and need to work our asses off to pull out of this slump.

Colin Powell, Marco Rubio, someone of a melting-pot-mentality genetic background with a fiscally-responsible yet morally compassionate character.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tR the democrats are not going to play ball anyway, so why a moderate that can work both sides of the isle? There's no need for bipartisanship because it's just not going to happen in DC. It's going to take a long time to get back to that, probably a generation or two. If the GOP trots out another one of those, they will lose just like the last two did. We need someone that will tell it like it is, kick ass and take names. GOP doesn't do that, they lose. It's just that simple...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"an unpopular and unending war in Iraq, a faltering image abroad, a stagnating middle class. XXXXX gave eloquent voice to those frustrations, arguing that all of them could be addressed if only we reunited the electorate."

As have every one of the politicians to hold the highest office say during the election process:

Every president in the last 30 years has touted getting off of middle eastern oil.

Every president in the last 30 years has touted we have global warming.

Every president in the last 30 years has touted we need to be energy independent.

Not one fuking statement they offered during the election process has been resolved.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.quickmeme.com_img_92_925277e6b151350f3612cae9c182b8434c6d66e4ae3f611ada6002dab87c9fa9.jpg

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s08e08-douche-and-turd

I hate politics...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"an unpopular and unending war in Iraq, a faltering image abroad, a stagnating middle class. XXXXX gave eloquent voice to those frustrations, arguing that all of them could be addressed if only we reunited the electorate."

As have every one of the politicians to hold the highest office say during the election process:

Every president in the last 30 years has touted getting off of middle eastern oil.

Every president in the last 30 years has touted we have global warming.

Every president in the last 30 years has touted we need to be energy independent.

Not one fuking statement they offered during the election process has been resolved.

I beg to differ....DADT finally got wiped on the books...off the books. He said he wudnt take our guns....he hadnt yet. He said he would govern with his pen and bypass congress....he has.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last 2 elections was the GOPs to lose.....they did. Cmon Rubio, save the GOP.

No, if you look at the trends since WW2, it would have taken a major miracle for any GOP candidate to win.

While Hillary will try to run to the right of Obama, she is damaged goods and has to much political baggage. Hell even many of the Dem strategist are upset becaus4e they are pretty much stuck with Hillary in 2016 unless she dies first.

I don't think 2016 is the GOP's to lose... I think if the GOP doesn't field a stable, mid/right, likable and honest candidate with a strong record of working both sides of the aisle and bringing people together to get something accomplished, Hillary will be our first female President. By default, honestly. The left and moderates to me seem so far distanced from the right and the conservative base, that there's no way they will support another rich, white lifelong politician on the GOP ticket.

Hell, I'm not sure *I* would.

I didn't support Mitt, nor McCain. I felt we didn't have a great viable choice. We need a common-sense guy, a businessman, a compassionate pseudo-minority (read: non-100%-white) to change the face of the party. Not the deep-set ideals, but the perceived ostracism. Rubio seems to be a good bridge, but honestly, I don't know enough about the man to make an honest judgement. Someone who can stand firm and patriotic with all the fire and fervor necessary to defend our constitutional rights, yet bridge the game of racial and class divide to convince us/them all we're in this together and need to work our asses off to pull out of this slump.

Colin Powell, Marco Rubio, someone of a melting-pot-mentality genetic background with a fiscally-responsible yet morally compassionate character.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. :(

McCain and Romney were both middle of the road candidates and both have a long history of working with the left, especially McCain. The Dems and media paint them as far right but they are anything but. It is just the easiest way to turn off the low information voter. Fact is both are so moderate that neither could get the base fired up. Hell McCain had to bring in Palin before he generated any excitement from the GOP base.

Latest posts

Top Bottom