It's bush's fault, again. This time the world is Bush's fault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I would make it easy on you guys. Here is the list of presidents since the end of WW2. Notice that outside of Carter, Reagan and Bush 1, the Whitehouse goes back and forth every 8 years. This is because Carter was a total screwup and while the public really liked Reagan, Bush 1 did not live up to his term so was booted after 4 years.

Harry S Truman (1945-1953) D 8 Years

Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953-1961) R 8 Years

John F. Kennedy (1961-1963) D
8 Years
Lyndon B. Johnson (1963-1969) D

Richard Nixon (1969-1974) R
8 Years
Gerald Ford (1974-1977) R

Jimmy Carter (1977-1981) D 4 Years

Ronald Reagan (1981-1989) R 8 Years

George Bush (1989-1993) R 4 Years

Bill Clinton (1993-2001) D 8 Years

George W. Bush (2001-2009) R 8 Years

Barack Obama (2009-present) D 8 Years

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
McCain and Romney were both middle of the road candidates and both have a long history of working with the left, especially McCain. The Dems and media paint them as far right but they are anything but. It is just the easiest way to turn off the low information voter..
So, it was the media and the Dems that painted Romney as far right huh? Remember "severely conservative governor"?

It was in the GOP primary where every candidate raced each other to the right and then couldn't get far enough back toward the middle in the GE to win.
The Etcha-sketch moment never happened.
Then blame someone else. " The Media did it".

Last edited by a moderator:

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, it was the media and the Dems that painted Romney as far right huh? Remember "severely conservative governor"?

It was in the GOP primary where every candidate raced each other to the right and then couldn't get far enough back toward the middle in the GE to win.
The Etcha-sketch moment never happened.
Then blame someone else. " The Media did it".

Yet the media never paints the democrat candidates as far left when they pander to their base at their convention.

Last edited by a moderator:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
McCain and Romney were both middle of the road candidates and both have a long history of working with the left, especially McCain. The Dems and media paint them as far right but they are anything but. It is just the easiest way to turn off the low information voter. Fact is both are so moderate that neither could get the base fired up. Hell McCain had to bring in Palin before he generated any excitement from the GOP base.

This is my point... people are focusing on the mid/right statement I made, but I said "stable, mid/right, likable and honest candidate." ALL of those things, NOT just the mid/right portion.

I don't think they can do it, personally.

I remember the first time I saw Barack Obama was on Oprah. He was a little-known Illinois state legislator, but I looked and my wife and we both agreed, "There's our first black President." I didn't know he would be the NEXT President, but yeah, we knew he would be there. At that time, I didn't know anything about him and I wasn't so worried... he was likable and charismatic. It wasn't until later I realized what a **** sandwich we'd been fed.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I don't think the GOP will win another national election in my lifetime.

They can't own up to their problems.
It's always someone elses fault.

Hobbes, that is RICH!!!!!

We've had six stinking years of Obama blaming Bush and everyone else, and you say the GOP can't own up to their problems? For EVERY nightmare that Obama and the Democrats have created in the the last 6 years, they refuse to pony up and say it is their fault, or even an "unintended consequence" of their actions.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We've had six stinking years of Obama blaming Bush and everyone else, and you say the GOP can't own up to their problems? For EVERY nightmare that Obama and the Democrats have created in the the last 6 years, they refuse to pony up and say it is their fault, or even an "unintended consequence" of their actions.
Aint it Rich allright?

Romney ran as a "severely conservative governor".
The media didn't paint him that way.

And you guys can't own that. It's the media's fault.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, but they're given a "pass" on that by the MSM and it's also not mutually-exclusive with the GOP doing the same, either.

Accountability would go a long way with me, and would be a necessity along with fiscal responsibility.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, for a little food for thought. Some won't like this because I heard it on Rush Limbaugh's show, but he pointed out that when the Republican candidates campaigned on conservative principles prior to the election, they won the election. If they were moderate (think McCain and Romney), they couldn't fire up the base of the Republican Party enough to win. Romney actually received fewer Republican votes than McCain did because he wouldn't campaign on a conservative enough message.

While I can't say I like all that he did, at least Bush ran on the conservative message and won. He actually fared better on his second election because of how he had "governed." Prior to him, Reagan and Bush 41 campaigned on conservative ideals and won, until Bush 41 wimped to the Democrats on taxes and showed himself to be a liar.

As for the Democrats, Obama has shown that smoke and mirrors works for them (hope and change.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom