It's getting close to Wanamaker time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made it to the show for a couple hours today. I focused on the upper level for about two hours, I was exhausted, hot and weak. Went home and ended up in the ER with a nasty infection. Sitting here on an antibiotic IV drip, hoping I don’t get admitted. Prayers appreciated.
antibiotics and fluids seem to be doing the trick. Got home around 2:00am and slept hard for 7.5 hours. Hoping to get back my energy soon. Really bummed that I didn’t get to spend the day at the show.

don ewald

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The prices at the show are ridiculously high.
We went up for the day on Fri and thought we were at a must sell used car dealer. The prices were more than fair. Load in day is the only time to go. Enter the back loading door and start finding great deals. Revolvers galore (unlike last year), AR heaven. The lower level that used to be all pricey collectables had a lot of cash and carry late model tables. I have no clue what Saturday prices look like, but Friday was nothing but deals.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say that I was kinda checking out the prices on the M1 Garands I saw at the show on Saturday. They ranged from market correct on several decent service-grade M1’s on one table on the upper level, up through “You really don’t want to sell these, do you?” The prize was a Springfield M1D on the lower level with late-model flash hider, M84 scope and mount, and 1943-dated cheek pad, in pretty good condition - for $8900. No, that was not a typo. Next to it was an 03A4 with scope, also in pretty good condition, for (IIRC) $8200. I brought my gf back to point out the prices, and I had to resist the urge to laugh right there. I did say as we were walking away, however, something along the lines of, “I would be embarrassed to post mine for half those prices…”

SPOONBILL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went today. That show gets worse and worse every year. Same old people with the same old wore out lever guns and shotguns. Just not my thing. I go anyways just to people watch and see if I cant fall into a good deal on something

Latest posts

Top Bottom