It's getting close to Wanamaker time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy going just to see stuff I wouldn't get to see otherwise. Once in a blue moon I run across something that interests me at a fair price but it's mostly just entertainment. I have come to realize that the few things I have are apparently worth THOUSANDS more than I paid. I could retire off of the Walmart Winchester Ranger .270 I bought 40 years ago. Hah!!

JamesB

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prices are crazy .. full retail prices or overpriced on used guns .. 5 miles of walking looking for a deal on a 6.5 creedmoor and nothing lol .. you can buy from local stores cheaper without all the walking lol .. my big purchase was 200 rounds of 7.62X39 just because it was a brand I haven’t seen before and I collect random AK ammo brands

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, there are deals if you do it right. The guy I am with has a table and there are enough deals out there he bought more than he sold. I am not any good at it, so I would lean toward saying everything is overpriced, but he proves differently every time.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, there are deals if you do it right. The guy I am with has a table and there are enough deals out there he bought more than he sold. I am not any good at it, so I would lean toward saying everything is overpriced, but he proves differently every time.
I always find a deal or three. Sometimes it's a firearm (like I don't have more than I can shoot now), sometimes its something else.

I saw a $500 SW m-15 and bought a $400 SW Regulation Police in 32 L.

I also bought some small stuff - a powder trickler for $10, nylon bore brushes for $1 each.

Folks complaining about no deals are always looking for the vendor that doesn't know what he has. Ain't gonna happen in the internet age.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went up Sunday and wasn't near as crowded as Saturdays are, was actually able to walk thru the whole thing without dodging people on their phone standing in the way! I saw some good deals on a few rifles but I was only looking for specific ones, Sharps, High and Low Walls and Ruger No. 1s, basically just single shots. Never seen so many .223 Ruger No 1s for sale, I've no use for one in that round but if you were they were there to be had, cheaper than gunbroker anyway. I did end up finding a Shiloh Sharps with a nice tang sight I had to bring home in 45-70 that someone had traded in on another rifle, any time I can get a Shiloh for less than 2K I'm interested, this one had a shorter barrel and didn't require working out to carry it so I'll use it to hunt with some. I'd love to get an original sharps that I can shoot but couldn't afford the ones I saw or they were in a caliber I didn't want. I think I'll start going to that thing on Sundays as not as crowded and was able to get a decent parking spot to boot.

N5JBD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The prices at the show are ridiculously high.
The prices at the show are ridiculously high.
High prices yes and overly crowded. I really wish they would set aside a time for the folks who use the electric scooters to visit and not let them on the floor during normal hours. Hey, I'm almost 70 and understand the need for them but with the crowd shoulder to shoulder they are really an accident waiting to happen.
Now here is my over priced story. Everyone has their own gun hobby, mine is Competitive Rimfire Shooting, I want to shoot a single hole 5 shot group at 50 yards. This is not the show to purchase this type of rifle however I did find a seller with two Savage-Anchultz 141"s (think Chrysler-Masaritte in the 1980's) . Not a real tack driver but good little guns that are fun to own. So I ask the seller what he could tell me about them he said "hey, I just buy and sell them I don't know anything else about them". OK, well he wanted $950.00 for one and three times I offered him $700.0 for it and he just chuckled and put it back in the rack. When I got home I looked up the going price on these and it was $400 to $750 depending on grade. So yes l lot of over pricing.

Poppaj

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Sold one at the show. Couldn’t find what I wanted at the right price.
LaRue emailed me and said I won an upper in a drawing Saturday night. Waiting to get it shipped to me. So yeah it was a very good day.
So where else are you going to spend $15 and have all day to look at guns you’ve never seen before?

wDoty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the day of the gun show has peaked a long time ago, but I still go to see neat things. This year I was able to successfully offload some things at a good price though. Which isn’t hard since everything else there is always so ridiculously overpriced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom