It's gonna be a long 9 months

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I retired at age 54 and apparently I was the only one retired because all my friends still had to work. It can get lonely but my wife filled in the blanks.. We recently were thinking we'd RV like Terry Miller but RV costs have suddenly jumped to where we're not going to invest in one until the Covid19 has diminished. The virus is at fault for the rising prices.

Boats are cheaper and a little peace alone fishing is pretty much heaven on earth.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this thread in the preview section and that That Girl had posted. Needless to say where my mind went. :pms2:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be too anxious to retire. Once you do, you'll find yourself busier than before! The honey-do list will both astound and intimidate you. Ask me. I know. Been "retired" for 8 years now.

Woody
My God yes! I retired three months ago and now I'm looking for a job just to relax.

(My wifey took three months to decide which grey paint she wanted in the living room.) Did you know one of them was actually too grey?

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was 13 weeks shy of 40 years ( over 45 counting the O.T. I put in ) when I retired 12-31-2019. I was planning on working another 3 or 4 years but, the Phillips 666 BS was getting bad and all the numbers that affect the amount of money you get were about as good as they could be. Another thing like most people ,you don't quit a job, you quit a bad boss. So within 3 day it was decided that I was done. Retiring is a big change when you have worked for 51 year. Try retiring to a world where you couldn't even go out and eat ( the virus). It was hard to get used to. I have adapted .

Latest posts

Top Bottom