Amazon Prime Video will soon come with ads, or a $2.99 monthly charge to dodge them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SEATTLE (AP) — Amazon Prime Video will include advertising during shows and movies starting early next year, joining other streaming services that have added different tiers of subscriptions.

Members of Amazon Prime can pay $2.99 per month in the U.S. to keep their service ad-free, the company said Friday.

Amazon said limited advertisements will be aired during shows and movies starting early next year so that it can “continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time.”

Ads in Prime Video content will start in the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Canada in early 2024, followed by France, Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Australia later in the year.

https://www.fox23.com/news/amazon-p...cle_78c44fd4-4880-533e-9400-d773241aab69.html

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Considering Amazon, Netflix, and others streaming companies have become the new cable / satellite providers. It doesn’t surprise me. TV’s now have these apps built into them. I will say it’s still cheaper to stream shows on these apps then pay for a cable or satellite service.
This is very true. I just shopped and did switch back to Cox internet, but I considered their tv package as well. With something comparable to what we pay for with streaming..we pay about 50 on streaming services, share some of them, we're still saving about 100 a month with fastest Cox internet and streaming services as they are. I agree that the streaming services are becoming the new cable companies.

Cox wanted 180 dollars a month for the tv package that had the stuff we wanted. WTF, thats not including the unlimited 1gig internet...another 150, I'll pay that because the AT&T fiber is not in my area yet and their DSL internet just isnt fast enough anymore

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm too cheap to pay 14.99 a month for Amazon prime. That's almost $180 a year.

Depends on how much shopping you do online. The more you do, the more you recoup in free shipping costs. I often find obscure items online that I just cannot find locally, including small items that would cost more to ship than the items themselves cost.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't order anything from Amazon that doesn't total up to $25 so I always get free shipping

Same. And as long as Grumpy is alive I will have to have tv ... After he's gone it I will shut that thing off and stick an antenna on it so I can catch the weather ... And JUST the weather so fast it will make heads swim. I want to have the phones shut off too but ... 🤷 ... Unless a landline is cheaper than Mint Mobile ... Just in case I set the house on fire in my old age. Lol

dengland

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plex.tv offers some live programming as well. You can do a monthly subscription or you can buy a lifetime membership. That has worked well for us.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on how much shopping you do online. The more you do, the more you recoup in free shipping costs. I often find obscure items online that I just cannot find locally, including small items that would cost more to ship than the items themselves cost.
I still get free shipping if I buy products shipped from Amazon if I purchase at least $25 combined. I might have to wait an extra day or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom