jack daniels price hike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When if I'm drinking it neat, I like Jack or Crown, if I'm mixing it with coke or dp I'll go Crown or Jim, if I'm cooking with it or using it in a cocktail, I'll head straight to the plastic bottle of KD!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For wherever reason the single barrel is in an entirely different league.

It isn't blended and proofs higher. The use less water to bring it down from the 160 proof that sits in the aging house. The aging houses are 8 stories high no climate control. There are 80 of them scattered a across the county. They typically get single barrel from the barrels up by the rafters from the higher elevation houses that experience the most extreme temperature changes throughout the seasons. The action of the wood soaking so deeply into the barrel and then being forced back out is key to the process. there are 13 million gallons of JD aging in the hills.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1! and when the palate classes up a bit, Jameson 20+ year. Never liked scotch, always hated the harshness, until I realized it was the cheap scotch that have good scotch a bad name lol

FWIW, Jameson isn't Scotch, its an Irish Whiskey.

Latest posts

Top Bottom