January 30th 3-Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse, do you know a light 12 ga load recipe that will cycle your m1 and m4? I just got a used MEC 600 progressive and I'd like to get some loaded for the match.

If you don't have a recipe, I will look around to see if I can find. Otherwise, I will just load some standard loads.

Oh, man I'm so pumped!!! I'm getting my G34 tomorrow and all the new mods are almost done on the AR!!!!!!

I have never reloaded any shotgun shells. Sorry. My M1 & M2 eats all the walmart Federal, Winchester, and Remington cheapos and spits them out too if that tells you anything.

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
Jesse,

You do shoot a G34, right? If so, what holster do you recommend I start out with? I'd like something right now that would serve to shoot IDPA, USPSA, and 3-Gun.

I know I will buy one or two more down the road, but what can I get right now for $20-$30 that will fit the bill?

I've looked at the Fobus, Blade-Tec, and the 5.11, but I'd like to hear the opinion of you or some others that have experience with these.

I've got a double mag holder already, so I don't need the combo deal.

What would be great if someone had an extra holster or two that I could try out at the match, but $30 is not going to break me. ;)

Let me know what you think.

Brad

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse,

You do shoot a G34, right? If so, what holster do you recommend I start out with? I'd like something right now that would serve to shoot IDPA, USPSA, and 3-Gun.

I know I will buy one or two more down the road, but what can I get right now for $20-$30 that will fit the bill?

I've looked at the Fobus, Blade-Tec, and the 5.11, but I'd like to hear the opinion of you or some others that have experience with these.

I've got a double mag holder already, so I don't need the combo deal.

What would be great if someone had an extra holster or two that I could try out at the match, but $30 is not going to break me. ;)

Let me know what you think.

Brad

The blade tech DOH is the only way to go. Not only is it the fastest/best holster out there, Blade Techs customer service is awesome. My 125 lb mastiff puppy chewed up my kydex holster that was delivered on my porch by UPS. I called them and explained what happened and asked for a discount on another one and they sent me one for FREE when it was obviously my fault. The DRop and Offset (DOH) isn't cheap at ~$70 buy it is what you want. With all that said like everything else I have two of them and your welcome to borrow one for the match.

I should say that the only other holster I've tried was the one that came with my XDM gear and a blackhawk serpa paddle holster for a 1911. Neither one of those was setup for speed like the DOH.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After playing this game for a while you will probably drop the drop off set and just end up with one at belt level, just a thought, The nice thing about the DOH is that after time you can take the drop part off and put the belt loops back onto the holster and then you will have a regular holster...it does both. KurtM

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently bought a raven concealment holster for my m&p40 from the malabarfront.com. I am going to use in this 3 gun instead of my drop leg. It has the option of OWB to IWB, which is how I CCW. I wantsome practice with it. The drop leg I likes just fine even tho people say it flops around on their leg it never bothered me going prone running or anything. But by the end of the day I was ready to take it off. I am anxeious to see how long I can wear the raven before it becomes uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom