January 30th 3-Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well we seem to have quite a few new 3-gunner here, so I am going to offer to do a Gear seminar befor the match if there are enough people who are interested....BEFORE you all "get bit" and go and spend tons of money on gear that you don't need or won't work. I am not going to talk about technique, but if you have gear question, I will make myself available. Now There are a few guys who run different stuff than I do...but I know them as well so if you want to know what the "bigdogs" use come on by. I figure we can do it starting around 8:30 a.m. match day at the range...in a building if its cold.

Now for those of you who don't know me here is just a quick skip across the top, of major matches I have won.

2 time Soldier of Fortune World Championship 3-Gun Match winner

2 time Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-gun tactical champion. ( biggest and best in the US as far as I'm concerned

4 times in a row DPMS Tri-gun Challenge Iron sight champion.

4 time Rocky Mountain 3-gun iron sight champion

3 time Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge iron sight winner

3 time English open shotgun Champion standard division.

Nordic rifle Champion. 2008 (Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark)

2nd and 3rd at the European Shotgun Championships 2003, 2006.

Numerous State level 3-gun wins. and this is all the readers digest version. If you nwant to know about gear...I can help! Please give me or Mike Pinto a P.M. and we will get it set up if we get enough people. KurtM

Oh yea and the cost of this whole deal is..... SHOW UP! It's time to get new 3-gunners...so no charge, but bring coffee, as there isn't any at the range and you don't want to feel bad as I drink the coffee I brought.

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
Hey, what kind of scope should I use? Should I use 17 or 18 inch barrel? What's your favorite .223 load? Should I wear cleats? Will my g-string show when I'm in the prone? ;)

I'll be there for the gear seminar, no need to answer those questions. I will always take free information.

And no, I really don't wear g-strings................but how many of you pictured a dude in the prone with his g-string showing, when you read that????????

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTS Blade Tech DOH woman's holster. Fits G34/35.

Kurt were you around when John Browning designed the 1911 too? ;). For those of you that don't know Kurt Miller he's the real deal when it comes to 3 gun and just about anything else to do with firearms. I would be all over that free equipement class if I hadn't already paid my $400 to take TDSA's 3 gun course with Mr. Miller last summer.

That thong comment was hilarious Brad! I actually puked in my mouth when I read it:(

I'm off to get 30 minutes of weakhand reloads in before work so I can smoke y'all on the shotgun stages. (Kurt taught me how to load a shotty as well)

Curly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well we seem to have quite a few new 3-gunner here, so I am going to offer to do a Gear seminar befor the match if there are enough people who are interested....BEFORE you all "get bit" and go and spend tons of money on gear that you don't need or won't work. I am not going to talk about technique, but if you have gear question, I will make myself available. Now There are a few guys who run different stuff than I do...but I know them as well so if you want to know what the "bigdogs" use come on by. I figure we can do it starting around 8:30 a.m. match day at the range...in a building if its cold.

Now for those of you who don't know me here is just a quick skip across the top, of major matches I have won.

2 time Soldier of Fortune World Championship 3-Gun Match winner

2 time Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-gun tactical champion. ( biggest and best in the US as far as I'm concerned

4 times in a row DPMS Tri-gun Challenge Iron sight champion.

4 time Rocky Mountain 3-gun iron sight champion

3 time Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge iron sight winner

3 time English open shotgun Champion standard division.

Nordic rifle Champion. 2008 (Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark)

2nd and 3rd at the European Shotgun Championships 2003, 2006.

Numerous State level 3-gun wins. and this is all the readers digest version. If you nwant to know about gear...I can help! Please give me or Mike Pinto a P.M. and we will get it set up if we get enough people. KurtM

Oh yea and the cost of this whole deal is..... SHOW UP! It's time to get new 3-gunners...so no charge, but bring coffee, as there isn't any at the range and you don't want to feel bad as I drink the coffee I brought.
I will come to your meetn and I will wear my wilderness thong,my high top fuzzy boots with my DOH Bladeteck 5" holster with my 6 " STI in it.I will bringmy own kinda coffee!!!!. Jess"E",the reason I wear DOH is because I have a short body and when I draw from a holster at the belt line ,my gun is in my arm pit and it still hasn't cleared the holster,that and bull ridin and calf roping in my younger years has left me with some joints that don't bend correctly!!!!!

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have no idea of the number of shooters. I would bet we get 50.

Setup will commense after hangover, which should be ~8:00 am. We need to get done in time for Kurt, Curly and I to shoot the match Friday so we can work it Saturday. No need to come out that early, but we could use the help for sure.

Besides being an ok 3-gunner, Kurt also has a long history of hijacking threads and molesting sheep. He keeps saying they were asking for it, but as always he was Ronge. (that one is for our friend Yurie)

Mike

Curly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTS Blade Tech DOH woman's holster. Fits G34/35.

Kurt were you around when John Browning designed the 1911 too? ;). For those of you that don't know Kurt Miller he's the real deal when it comes to 3 gun and just about anything else to do with firearms. I would be all over that free equipement class if I hadn't already paid my $400 to take TDSA's 3 gun course with Mr. Miller last summer.

That thong comment was hilarious Brad! I actually pikes in my mouth when I read it:(

I'm off to get 30 minutes of weakhand reloads in before work so I can smoke y'all on the shotgun stages. (Kurt taught me how to load a shotty as well)
What does a "piked mouth"look like!!!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Kurt. I will plan to be there. In the meantime, I will hold up on the 2nd mortgage application.

Latest posts

Top Bottom