Job ideas for when I'm not on a rig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about the YMCA? They'd be flexible with your schedule and you'd get a nice membership.
There was a time there were a couple service companies out there that would pay for you to take classes on your off rotation. Schlumberger and Halliburton had a program up in Alaska that they worked out with University of Alaska-Fairbanks to do it. Don't know if they had that down here though.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are waiting on a rig, you need to switch companies. A lot of rigs out there these days.
Been contemplating this, believe you me, but the problem is there are not enough rigs for the wells out there, we have a lot of contracts filled, just not enough rigs to fill them...
Bite the bullet and go back to school in your off time. Nursing. Engineering. Something with perennial demand. You live in Norman. OU has a flexible adult education program. Consider it an investment in your future.
Plan on it in the future, need more fundage first...
With a safety background, you could teach customized industrial safety courses for Moore-Norman Technology Center. Contact the Business and Industry Services office.
I hadn't thought about that and actually have a friend who does that already, maybe that could get me a foot in the door..
How about the YMCA? They'd be flexible with your schedule and you'd get a nice membership.
There was a time there were a couple service companies out there that would pay for you to take classes on your off rotation. Schlumberger and Halliburton had a program up in Alaska that they worked out with University of Alaska-Fairbanks to do it. Don't know if they had that down here though.
Never would have thought about the Y, that would be neat especially since I just started working out again, and unfortunately right now I work for a small company and don't have those options right now...

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buddy that called me a couple of weeks ago. He was looking for a motor hand. If you like, I can call him tomorrow and see if he found one yet, or if he needs any other help. He is a good guy and a good driller. He takes care of his crews. I just did not want to be chasing rigs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom