Joe Biden: Second Amendment Does Not Say You’re ‘Entitled’ to Own a Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's fine, be my guest. I'm just saying when they make it prohibitive for me to earn a living, then I will go somewhere I find it more worthwhile to live and work.

I'm sorry if people think I'm a coward, or a whiner or giving up or whatever. But I'm not going to go on a shooting spree because they raise my taxes to the point it makes it impossible (or below my personal threshold for persecution) to live comfortably. Sure, there are some points where it may come to raising arms in the defense of your family or your home or whatever, but I don't think a taxation bill is probably that point. Do you?

I kinda think it would be better for us to pack up and go someplace more suited to what we want in terms of our lives than to end up dead and unable to support my family. I'm a fan of Ayn Rand's philosophy of making it economically unfeasible for usurpers to continue their practices by the producers packing up and quitting. F 'em. I busted my arse to learn a trade, to put in my years of effort and training. I don't want lazy people living off my back. But at the same time, I have to evaluate the risks, consequences and the payoff of any form of resistance I choose to implement... my family needs me, and if there's a way I can continue to provide for them (and myself), then I have a responsibility to do that, within reason. And let's face it, I wouldn't mind living in the sunny Caribbean. When this whole place collapses, it's could degenerate into Mad Max.

So... whatever, man.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the characters in Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" didn't pack up and leave. They went on strike.

Woody

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure, there are some points where it may come to raising arms in the defense of your family or your home or whatever, but I don't think a taxation bill is probably that point. Do you?
We wouldn't have our own nation if the founding fathers agreed with that sentiment.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's fine, be my guest. I'm just saying when they make it prohibitive for me to earn a living, then I will go somewhere I find it more worthwhile to live and work.

I'm sorry if people think I'm a coward, or a whiner or giving up or whatever. But I'm not going to go on a shooting spree because they raise my taxes to the point it makes it impossible (or below my personal threshold for persecution) to live comfortably. Sure, there are some points where it may come to raising arms in the defense of your family or your home or whatever, but I don't think a taxation bill is probably that point. Do you?

I kinda think it would be better for us to pack up and go someplace more suited to what we want in terms of our lives than to end up dead and unable to support my family. I'm a fan of Ayn Rand's philosophy of making it economically unfeasible for usurpers to continue their practices by the producers packing up and quitting. F 'em. I busted my arse to learn a trade, to put in my years of effort and training. I don't want lazy people living off my back. But at the same time, I have to evaluate the risks, consequences and the payoff of any form of resistance I choose to implement... my family needs me, and if there's a way I can continue to provide for them (and myself), then I have a responsibility to do that, within reason. And let's face it, I wouldn't mind living in the sunny Caribbean. When this whole place collapses, it's could degenerate into Mad Max.

So... whatever, man.
Im with you ,makes total sense to me

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We wouldn't have our own nation if the founding fathers agreed with that sentiment.

I don't believe they had the right to vote and campaign for what they wanted when they were ruled by a king, either. Not like we do. If what you want is not the will of the people and you can't convince the lawmakers in our democratic republic, then going to war is not the best way to handle it, IMNSHO. Now, if tyranny overrides some of our basic God-given human rights, the story may be different, don't you think?

When the welfare crowd votes in people who continue to take more and more and more of our livelihood, who are you going to take up arms against? Who do you arbitrarily start shooting to get your point across? Just asking...

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea what is going to happen in the next 10-20 years or the next 40 if I live that long. Our founding fathers warned us about most of the perils we find ourselves in now. I can't say I know what the solution is. I know if I thought there was a place better than the USA I would be there already. There is no way to ever fix our debt situation. Its hard to imagine the downfall of the USA but I imagine every other great civilization that fell thought the same thing prior to it happening. GOD forbid it does happen but if history is any teacher odds aren't in our favor. We are in a big mess that gets worse day by day. I think best case scenario we end up like European countries. Worst case we end up like South American.

As to your question on who to start shooting first. Sadly I think it will be self evident as when we stop producing enough for us and all the others to live on. They will come to take what we have left when we can't keep up with their demand.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I think I would've kept MAGA cuz I'm not sure we've hit the point where we sit in the shade looking over our accomplishments and say to ourselves let's KAG.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I think I would've kept MAGA cuz I'm not sure we've hit the point where we sit in the shade looking over our accomplishments and say to ourselves let's KAG.
Someone got paid more than our lifetimes combined wages to come up with that slogan I would imagine. Plus how many MAGA hats can a guy own. Time for some RED KAG hats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom