Joe Pickett TV Series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just had to turn it off. I really wanted to like this show, but all the dumba$$ writing just kept getting worse. The final straw for me came when ol "armed" Joe takes a beat down in the first season in episode 5, i think, and then gets in his truck and drives off. I've heard this series is based on a book. I guess the author knows little about law enforcement officers, which is what a game warden is and all would pull that smoke wagon and put one between your eyes before taking a beating. Am I wrong?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't watched any of the shows and I don't know what it is about. His taking the beatdown will change the man and prominently figure into every action he takes from now on. That is my only take from your description, It's necessary for the plot and the whole series. It also creates a whole tribe of Billy Badasses to chase. It's a common ploy in a lot of shows.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The books are pretty good and written by a Wyoming native.....but in the books the areas get changed around a little to make the story work..........and Joe Picketts home area doesn't exist. BUT l watched the first season and they changed things around from the books so much that it was hard to take........not wasting my time on any more of em. I really had hoped that the producers would have held more to the original story line that C.J. Box wrote instead of going all woke and destroying the story line.

I hunted for many years with a Wyoming Game Warden and a Wyoming State Trooper so I've got a little better understanding of how things are and how things work in Wyoming...........

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Outside of the check with lots of zeros, I don’t understand authors giving up creative control of their work to the writing hacks of Hollywood. It’s now to the point that I won’t bother watching a show made from a book/author I enjoyed reading. C. J. Box, Tom Clancy, Tony Hillerman - all have fallen prey to this & I’m sure there are many others.

To any who bravely venture to watch a bit of the second season of Joe Pickett, somebody in the costume department at least got him a better hat than in the first season. So there’s that…😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom