Just had my alarm go off. Can't sleep.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My house alarm went off. Said the exterior door to the garage had been accessed. I grab my gun and light and go check. I can see this particular door from inside my house. It appears closed. I clear the rest of the house and go back and now that door is open!!! I then clear the garage. Was it just the wind blowing it open? Did the bad guy decide to leave? Spooky.

And the most awesome part was when I was startled awake by my alarm, I had been laying on my right arm, apparently, and it was about half asleep. Do you know how hard it is to open the bedside pistol safe with a hand that's asleep??? LOL!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did not see any wet footprints. It hasn't rained here though and there wasn't much dew. But it is windy from the storm blowing in. Maybe it was just the wind. I was in and out of that door several times today. Maybe I didn't get it closed well.

URSHARKB8

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My alarm went off once. Luckily my lil girl and boy were already in my bed cz wife was out of town. I jumped up grabbed the gun and my cell. told kids to stay in room let the dog in room also. cleared house while waiting for alarm company to call. no one evr called!! apparently, since e have a cell remote, it can lose signal sometomes and set the alarm off and they dont call for that reason. i asked why wouldnt you call and tell me it false, they said it happens too many time. i said this was my first and I didnt know about it!

im glad you were ok !!

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope it was just a false alarm.

At least you weren't like the guy who heard his alarm go off, jerked awake just in time to see a hand coming up over the end of the bed, grabbed for his gun... and shot his foot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom