Just picked up a smith & wesson 22 jet mag.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEXAN_OKIE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a 22 jet mag which is a 327 mag. Necked down to a 22. I have never even seen one before does anybody have any info on it. What could be hunted with this cal. If anybody knows were i could get ammo from here locally let me know i really want to shoot this thing but only have the 6 rds. It came with.

TEXAN_OKIE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMAG1169.jpgIMAG1169.jpg

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you didn't reload before, you certainly will be now! I've tried every place I can think of for a set of dies. Looks like you'll be getting a set custom made. If you have a nice fat wallet, this gun will certainly fix that problem.

Very cool and obscure gun. once you shoot it, you have to report back on what it's like.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good luck on the ammo. I know they used to make .22 magnum inserts for the jet, but like the regular ammo I haven't seen any in years. When they were popular they were a bear to reload due to the tapered case. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I would try Old Western Scrounger, he may have some sitting on a back shelf somewhere.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't want to shoot it much. You could push that little bullet to 2700 FPS out of the 8 3/8" barrels. That's almost as fast as a AR carbine!

I'd just forego reloading for it, because that round is a barrel burning, top strap cutting fiend. That's why you don't see many of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom