Just submitted my first application for......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTwake04

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
An Antelope Hunt in SE Montana!!

I know you all are thinking, why not Wyoming? Well I'll be moving to Big Sky country in June and since they will be there right in my backyard there is no reason for me to drive further south for a prairie goat.

The success rate for this unit is 88% with around 13,000 tags available. However since I will be a non resident, only 10% of those tags will go to non-residents. My second choice for prairie goats was in the same region, but with a bow. The success rate happens to be 100%.

I really wanted to put in for Mule Deer, but the drawing deadline was March 15th and The tags are over $600. I figure i'll wait a year and get my residency, then go after the mulies. Montana's regulations are ridiculously complicated! You must have a permit, a license, and a tag. Did you also know that unless you purchase a state lands permit you can't go hiking or trail riding(this might be north dakota instead of Montana)? It is considered trespassing unless you buy a $2.00 permit to hike!!

Has anyone out there done any hunting in Montana?
There is something like over 9 million acres of public land to hunt. I have already purchased all my maps for the area and there is plenty of State land and BLM land to hunt.

I'm pumped to get a big Goat this Season!!!

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't understand why western big game states have to be complicated like that.. I guess if they are it keeps out of state yayhoos like us from coming there to hunt.. should of put in for the bow hunt!.. you got a new bow, put it to use!

PTwake04

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bow hunt is my second choice.

I'm not going to put it as my first choice, and then get stuck with that when I could of had gun as my first choice any way. And BTW the bow and gun license for pronghorn are the same money anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom