K&N Air Filters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This subject always seems to bring out the butt hurt on both sides. Like I said regular maintenance of the filter. When it starts to turn grey it's time to wash and oil it. It's not like a disposable paper element that you change every 7 to 15k.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This subject always seems to bring out the butt hurt on both sides. Like I said regular maintenance of the filter. When it starts to turn grey it's time to wash and oil it. It's not like a disposable paper element that you change every 7 to 15k.

So you know better than the engineers that designed them?

4. How often do I need to clean my K&N air filter?

If you have not experienced a decrease in mileage or engine performance, chances are your filter is fine and does not yet need cleaning. To be more specific, the filter does not require cleaning if you can still see the wire screen on the entire air filter regardless of how dirty it may appear. When the screen is no longer visible some place on the filter, it is time to clean it. When used in normal paved road, street or highway conditions, our replacement air filters that fit in the factory air box should require cleaning every 50,000 miles and our large conical filters on an intake system should require cleaning every 100,000 miles. When used in dusty or off-road environments, our filters will require cleaning more often. We recommend that you visually inspect your filter once every 25,000 miles to determine if the screen is still visible.

I run my K&Ns until they are completely dirty and have never had issues.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didnt notice a thing, was hoping for an increase in mileage but I have a reusable filter. By the time you buy the cleaning/oiling kit, for some vehicles, the price of disposals is probably the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom