K&N Air Filters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone else using a K&N Air filter in their vehicle? I just installed one in my Toyota FJ Cruiser this morning and could tell the boost in horsepower.

I bought the K&N filter from Amazon after I stopped at two Walmarts, two Autozones & one O'Reilly's looking for a regular paper filter ...

I've got an FJ as well. Is this a drop in, or the CAI?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't run a K&N on a DD if they where giving them away. There are a lot of dead powerstrokes out there thanks to K&N.

Yep. Diesels are a whole different animal than a gasser. More airflow several times over the same displacement in a gasser.

I won't run one in a street car/truck. They breathe great and you WILL get performance gains, but they don't filter for ****. :nolike:

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 2004 Tundra has had a TRD filter (Just like K&N) since new. 295,000 miles later my engine has not yet siezed up or 'sploded. Just clean and oil with every oil change (every 10k miles) and hit the MAF with some cleaner a couple hundred miles afterward.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran a K&N on my race bike back in the day. I could easily tell a difference.

Refreshed the top end after every two races. Never had an issue of any dirt getting beyond the filter.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using spectre air filters for the last year now and they seem to be working ok for me, I just got tired of cleaning my k&n because my filter is 12" off the ground by a tire and I can buy 3 spectre for 1 k&n and I still keep my k&n in the rotation if I need to toss one on when the other is being cleaned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom