K&N Air Filters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is anyone else using a K&N Air filter in their vehicle? I just installed one in my Toyota FJ Cruiser this morning and could tell the boost in horsepower.

I bought the K&N filter from Amazon after I stopped at two Walmarts, two Autozones & one O'Reilly's looking for a regular paper filter ...

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had them in both motorcycles. Being carbed I had to rejet for the increased airflow but FI should adjust itself. You might get more power but you'll probably lose some fuel efficiency because of it.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember to service them regularly. They are designed to run oiled, when they get dry they let too much dust pass. My wife's GT has a CAI with a K&N. My KLR has one and so does my Harley. Contrary to popular belief a fuel injected Motorcycle does not have any autotune capabilities to adjust for changes in the intake and exhaust. A lean tuned bike from he factory, like my Harley will only get even leaner and ping even worse. And yes depending on the engine, a free flow intake, pipe, and dyno tune is the cheapest $ to hp return available.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason they claim to increase horsepower is because the provide less filtering. I ran one on my Tacoma for 6 months religiously tracking mileage before and after with a mileage app on my iPhone. There was no improvement at all in mileage, zero. And when I pulled the filter, I could see and wiped a light coat of dust behind the filter. Do not run any aftermarket air filter. They will let dust through that will wear your engine out much faster than with the factory filter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom