Kevin Durant leaving the Thunder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rumors are circulating and I think it's nearly inevitable this offseason. The Thunder management has done a poor job managing the roster over the past several seasons.

We've been needing a 3rd scorer for a while now and the NBA as a whole has been trending towards small ball, but management took the roster in the opposite direction. All of the extra cap space was blown on the big man Kanter at a pay rate similar to Westbrook's at $16.5M~ ($51M guaranteed).

In my opinion we should have found an older big man at half the price to split time and help develop Adams. The extra money should have went to bringing in a SG better than Morrow to share the scoring load with Russ and KD.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This all goes back to us choosing Serge over Harden. We made the mistake there that lead us to the point where we are now. There is life after Kevin Durant though....right?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel if we lose him his restaurant may go under.

Pretty sure that is not a factor in his decision.

He may sign a one year deal because I believe the cap limits change next year thus allowing a larger max contract. If that's the case he might be more likely to stick it out here one more year. No doubt Presti has screwed the pooch by firing Brooks and hiring Donovan. Maybe they can get it together though. Hell, 2 of the best 5 players in the world are on the current roster.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This all goes back to us choosing Serge over Harden. We made the mistake there that lead us to the point where we are now. There is life after Kevin Durant though....right?

Up until around 2012 or 2013 Serge was making less than $2M/yr. I can't blame them for keeping Serge because that was a bargain with the numbers he was putting up.

Whoever is Kanter's agents did a heck of job though. Somehow he got the Thunder to sign Kanter to a salary that is more than what Harden is making right now and a few hundred grand less than Westbrook. That $16M could have been spent in a better way unfortunately.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope he don't leave but he probably will. The management hasn't done good at all. And it shows. As for KD's going under, if the steaks are bad like they were the last time I went it will. I got a filet medium well and it was pretty pink on the inside but the outside was burnt. It was tough and had no flavor. For $27 it should have been great. I get sirloins at Toby Keith's and Saltgrass that blows KD's filet out of the water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom