Kevin Durant leaving the Thunder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least Kanter gives effort on defense. He may be terrible at it but he hussles his butt off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh? Are we watching the same games? Kanter is good offensively but when he is on defense the opposing team eats us up in the paint. If they have any big man at all they make a point to go at him.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had to pick between keeping Westbrook or KD, I'd keep Westbrook. If somebody could just cure him of making crazy decisions at the end of the game he'd be super stellar. KD's defence , missed free throws and turn overs seem to have been over shadowing his shooting this year........could it be intentional?

No doubt that Westbrook is the cog that the team revolves around. And typically as Westbrook goes, so does the Thunder. But if KD leaves, Russ is right behind him. And I wouldn't blame them. They are too good to be stuck on a mediocre team.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to believe that we are 3rd in the West and we're being labeled "mediocre" but I totally get it.

This teams will problem is the lack of will to play defense. It has been for almost the entire time that they have been in Oklahoma City. Nobody really knows why.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to believe that we are 3rd in the West and we're being labeled "mediocre" but I totally get it.

This teams will problem is the lack of will to play defense. It has been for almost the entire time that they have been in Oklahoma City. Nobody really knows why.

I was really referring more to a team after KD leaves when I used the term mediocre. Probably wasn't clear enough about that. Shouldn't have used the term "they".

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Because OKC has traditionally tried to settle for pure scorers and pure defenders... first it was Thabo (who I didn't think was worth the effort) and Serge, now Roberson who is the team's primary defender while Ibaka has focused more on offense, although he is very streaky/slumpish in that regard. Honestly, I've seen some pretty good defense from Kyle Singler lately, but he's been in a huge shooting slump, it seems to me.

There was absolutely zero chance we could've kept Harden, and to a lesser extent Reggie Jackson - both of them had the skills to be premier point guards but had zero chance to displace Westbrook. In that situation they would always be playing backup fiddle, and they were both too good to waste their talent on that, suffering financially in the longrun.

I hope KD doesn't leave, I think Donovan has done a very good job in his first year in the pros and with this team - next year could be even better. We will have the salary cap room to sign Durant to a max 1-year contract and maybe he'll go for it, and things will work out. I honestly wouldn't mind a Blake Griffin pickup, though. Although I don't think Kanter is worth $16M, I think he's been a great asset and should be a top-tier pick for 6th man of the year. His defense is improving, but still below average - his offensive output is a welcome addition, however. Think about it... we were paying Perkins like $8M, and there's no way he was earning his keep.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have Durant's Bird Rights, which means that we can pay him more than any other team out there. But let's be honest, he's got a $300,000,000 Under Armor contract. Do any of us really think that this is about money to him?

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh? Are we watching the same games? Kanter is good offensively but when he is on defense the opposing team eats us up in the paint. If they have any big man at all they make a point to go at him.

No we are watching the same game. My point is only that he tries hard on both ends. He's still bad at defense but not as bad as his reputation imo.

He equally eats guys up on the other end so it's a pretty fair trade off.

Transition to guys like Westbrook and Durant who don't hustle at all on defense. But we ignore their terrible defense and single out Kanter.

I'd rather have someone who hussles their butt of on defense and is bad than someone who is lazy and bad.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what you get for ordering a steak medium well. The correct order entry data for a steak is medium RARE or nothing at all.
I always get medium well and have always gotten very tender steaks at the places I mentioned. So much so that I could cut them with my fork most of the time. For how pink the center of the filet was, you would have thought it was the most tender of all steaks. Sadly it was tougher than a boot.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think about it... we were paying Perkins like $8M, and there's no way he was earning his keep.

If I remember correctly Perkins had the worst player efficiency rating at his position (perhaps the entire league?) when we had him. At least Kanter can play ball a little bit I guess.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Perkins had the worst player efficiency rating at his position (perhaps the entire league?) when we had him. At least Kanter can play ball a little bit I guess.
Ironically Kanter is top ten in the entire league in PER. It's quite a contrast yet people still complain about him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom